I have a Curve 8330, and when I typed in reputable site into google a few weeks ago (it is a site that I have visited many times before, it is for an orthopedic surgeon), and then clicked on the link google gave me, it forwarded me to a website called "webeasysearch.com." When I clicked back and then re-clicked on the same google link, it then took me to the correct address.

What's odd is that just today, I did a google search for something totally different on my home computer (my computer and my Blackberry have NOT ever been synched in any way), but again it was a reputable site, it forwarded me to this "webeasysearch.com" thing! Now if it just happened on my computer, I'd think it was malware of some kind, but where it happened on my BB too, I'm really baffled.... is this some kind of BB virus, or is it more likely a problem with Google?

Thank you so much!
    02-16-10 06:30 PM
    You answered your own question, the BB and PC have never been synched. This is almost certainly something outside your control - DNS or search engine poisoning are prime suspects. Even if a problem got into either your phone or your BB it would be unlikely to transfer to the other.
    02-16-10 06:34 PM
    Probably a DNS hijack, nothing to do with the BlackBerry. Google or some ISP will sort it out eventually.
    02-16-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD