I love the BlackBerry keyboard.. the virtual keyboard but just downloaded the Google keyboard. Been using it for a few hours and I must say.. it does seem to be much better with tons of features that make typing so much easier i.e. one handed typing, number row, keyboard size and height is configurable etc.. who'd have thought it.

All I can say to anyone who disagrees is.. give choice a chance and try other options then decide what's best for you. I think I'll stick with the Gboard for now.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-16-16 05:04 PM
    I use the Google keyboard on my Samsung. I was hoping to get the BlackBerry keyboard on it but can't.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 07:30 PM
    Google keyboard is truly awful. Those features are mostly gimmicks and not very helpful in reality.
    If you use BlackBerry keyboard with flick typing there's nothing faster or more intuitive. And any keyboard with swipe functionality is pretty much the best for one hand. BlackBerry should add a quick switch to go from swipe to flick..

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 07:59 PM
    Google keyboard is truly awful. Those features are mostly gimmicks and not very helpful in reality.
    If you use BlackBerry keyboard with flick typing there's nothing faster or more intuitive. And any keyboard with swipe functionality is pretty much the best for one hand. BlackBerry should add a quick switch to go from swipe to flick..

Posted via CB10
    Disagree. Gave the BB keyboard a fair chance, about 3 or 4 weeks and was no where near as fast compared to using SwiftKey. Far more mistakes and slower at typing.

As fun as the swiping was I had to return. May try it again in the future.
    12-16-16 08:04 PM
    So far I like the Google keyboard the best with the BlackBerry keyboard a one second. I like being able to flick the words above the letters bit I find the Google keyboard is more customizable.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    People like you just like to use words like awful and gimmicky because they're buzz words for mostly clueless and angry people. I used to be like you. In fact I was a bit angry when I saw the android central keyboard article with Google keyboard as number 1 and not even a mention of the BlackBerry keyboard. Now though, I understand and fully agree.

Please explain to me what is so gimmicky about being able to set my keyboard taller so letters are better spaced out allowing my typing is more accurate and comfy?

What is awful about being able to have my keyboard aligned to the right so I can easily type one handed as I'm doing now on my dtek60? And no.. any keyboard with swipe functionality is not best for one handed use if it's a pain to reach one end when u have a big screen phone. I did it a few times on my priv and dtek60 but always returned to the flick up method due to screen size and extremely bad spelling mistakes. Now though.. swipe is better on this keyboard cos the size can be reduced for when I need it. You have know idea.

What is gimmicky or awful about having the number row always available?

What is gimmicky about being able to click the G symbol, do a web search and continue my conversation without having ever left this or any other app?

What is awful or gimmicky about being able to turn all this goodness off or on as I choose until i find which typing set up best aids my style?

Thought I'd leave this picture here so u can envision exactly what a keyboard looks like when aligned to the right and reduced for easier one handed use. You can see the buttons on the left to expand back to full for two handed use or aligned to the left if you're left handed. And it makes swipe typing.. which I'm not fund of in all honesty, but better to use than on the BlackBerry Keyboard. When the BlackBerry keyboard implements this feature I'll come back and have a go cos i like the swipe to select and delete words.

In all honesty and bullshhh aside, lying on one side in bed and typing with one hand has never been this comfortable. It's been a pain all through the passport, priv and now dtek60. For me, the z10 was the only useable one handed phone since bb10 was released and I've missed that useability ever since. I've always wondered why BlackBerry never implemented this feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Virtual Keyboard wars-19878.jpg  
    Last edited by naijab0y; 12-19-16 at 03:43 AM.
    jevinzac and LuvULongTime like this.
    12-17-16 01:59 AM