So my blackberry was sent from London (my mum bought it there) and since I'm currently in the states, I'm using an AT&T pre-paid simcard. I can call, text and connect to the wifi (well, at least it says it's connected) but when I use the browser or any other app that requires wifi, it says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later" or just doesn't connect, despite the fact it says it's connected to the wifi hotspot. However, before the phone was sent to me, my mum said she never put the virgin simcard inside and turned on the phone. Could this be the reason? If I were to turn my phone on just once using that original simcard it came with, would the wifi start working? (I haven't tried it yet as the phone was sent to me without the simcard and therefore, it's still in the UK.)
    02-02-13 07:35 PM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to use data features including connecting to WiFi.

Note that you cannot get a BlackBerry Data Plan on AT&T prepaid currently.
    02-02-13 08:44 PM
    Just for the first time or for every time I connect to wifi? and how come my previous blackberry curve didn't require a data plan to use wifi? Maybe it's how Virgin Media programmed the phone

Oh and I'm using the same AT&T simcard that I was using on my previous blackberry and I had wifi on that...
    Last edited by Miguel93; 02-02-13 at 09:42 PM.
    02-02-13 09:13 PM