Hey everyone,

This is my first post because a particular thing made me very sad this past weekend: I said farewell to Viigo, despite loving the application.

The reason is that where previously my memory was able to store a few months worth of messages, with Viigo, it was reduced to sometimes little over 2 days worth. And even with the BB reporting almost a gigabyte of unused storage.

Does anyone know why this is the case, or if I can tweak settings to change something?

Thanks,

jmojmo
    05-01-08 09:25 PM
    I am afraid that is exactly what Viigo is built for. It downloads feeds for you.

That is great on a desktop machine where the resources are nearly unlimited, but it plays havoc with a memory constrained device.

The 2 Gb is on your media card, the memory that counts is under Options / Status.
    05-01-08 09:27 PM
    Yeah, but the actual content Viigo stores on my phone is usually only about the length of a few dozen emails! I tried constraining it to 100 articles, and most of those only send a snippet of one sentence!
    05-01-08 09:30 PM
    I got rid of Viigo because it was a memory hog
    05-01-08 09:33 PM
    Try a battery pull. I have been using Viigo for a long time now and don't have any problems.
    I don't use the product myself. I am sure others will share from their experience.
    I actually have not been using Viigo as much, but still have it installed.

I like it, but you can usually visit most of your favorite blog sites through a mobile version using Opera Mini.

I wonder if I didn't use OM or Viigo, how much more memory I would have.
    05-01-08 09:38 PM
    Haven't had any real problems to speak of. But that's just me.
    05-01-08 11:31 PM
    I deleted Viigo for the same reason.
    05-01-08 11:44 PM
    Didn't have much of a memory problem with viigio. My problem was with old articles constantly showing up as new. So I just use feeds on opera mini. Much better for me. I actually thought it was a little off that I don't hear of others using the feeds on opera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 11:49 PM
    I un-installed Viigo 10 minutes ago to test it out. I don't really use it as much either, so I may keep it off.
    05-01-08 11:59 PM
    Eh, I dont really seem to have a problem...But who knows... only time will tell
    05-02-08 12:21 AM
    I don't have any memory issues with Viigo.
    05-02-08 12:26 AM
    I don't have any memory issues either. The only difference in terms of settings I have that I can think of that I only have 9 feeds and have it set to not put more than 20 feeds in each channel.

Perhaps the memory problem is due to the number of feeds someone has and the number of articles they allow per feed?
    05-02-08 06:29 AM
    I've used Viigo for about a month now...never really thought about it affecting my native memory til I saw this thread, so I checked it out...
    Running WITH Viigo: a hair under 14MB
    Running WITHOUT Viigo: a hair over 16MB
    Verdict: I don't really think the 2MB is worth killing a good app that helps me pass time when I'm bored to tears at work.
    Plus it's a LOT faster and less work than looking for RSS feeds with a browser.
    05-02-08 06:52 AM
    Yes Viigo is a memory hog, however, if after finish using Viigo you should close it out (Menu - close - click )then you would've eliminated it using up your memory.
    If you don't manage your Memory, then BB is smart enough to Manage it for you ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 07:52 AM
    I haven't noticed this issue, but I use Viigo alot and I don't keep stuff after I read it. I also do a soft reset 2-3 times a week.
    05-02-08 02:23 PM
    I haven't noticed this issue, but I use Viigo alot and I don't keep stuff after I read it. I also do a soft reset 2-3 times a week.
    Same here. I have never had a problem.

My wife uses Google Reader on her iPhone, and she and I both think Viigo is a much better mobile app.
    Last edited by New Fire Within; 05-02-08 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo and I'm anal like that
    05-02-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD