I have security cameras running into a DVR that is connected directly to my router. I have it setup so that i can view them online from anywhere. However, when i try to view it on my Blackberry I can get to the login screen but not to the next screen where the actual video is. I use mobiscope for my webcams but these are not webcams and I have been unable to connect them to mobiscope. Any ideas?
    12-12-09 01:42 PM
    You can try Orb to stream it.
    12-12-09 02:14 PM
    I tried ORB with no luck. The problem is that the cameras are not hooked up to any computer on my network. The are connected to a DVR. The DVR is connected to the router. Everything i've tried says no camera detected since they aren't hooked up to the computer.
    12-12-09 02:25 PM
    Hmmm that is interesting. I would assume that you have to change the encoding of the video? That is the only thing that would make sense. maybe try something different.

I would assume your phone is have a problem with the site..
    12-12-09 02:26 PM
    Tryusing the opera browser, rather than the bb browser?
    12-12-09 04:41 PM
    What type of DVR is it? I install things like that for a living, and some of the manufacturers have a specific program to watch your cams thru the DVR on your BB. I have a few customers set up with that capability, and a major drawback is battery usage, as the streaming really kills the battery.

The other issue you may have streaming them could also be most of the manufacturers run some type of web viewer, but it normally is ActiveX or Flash of some type, so you wouldn't be able to load the control.
    12-12-09 06:10 PM
    What type of DVR is it? I install things like that for a living, and some of the manufacturers have a specific program to watch your cams thru the DVR on your BB. I have a few customers set up with that capability, and a major drawback is battery usage, as the streaming really kills the battery.

The other issue you may have streaming them could also be most of the manufacturers run some type of web viewer, but it normally is ActiveX or Flash of some type, so you wouldn't be able to load the control.
    It's an older swann DVR, The app to view it is Video Server E. When you view it online it loads with Java so i was hoping there was no flash involved. I am doing it for my boss so i'm not really concerned about the battery drain. I have him set up to view it from his laptop or home. Now he is set on having it on his new Storm 2.
    12-13-09 10:00 AM
    what a world we are heading too, when you have to constantly watch security cams from your mobile device, and while in your home...glad I got two German Shepherds, and several firearms...best defense in the world is prevention...thieves and criminals will attack even if cameras are there...if they get past my dogs, they not getting past me...

hope you are able to rectify your issue, i have not even heard of it being done before...ill do some searching and post back if i can find anything...
    12-13-09 01:09 PM
    Lol. Not reallu understanding the fire arms comment. The intent is to watch your house while you are not there. What good is the fire arms, when you aren't in the dwelling?? Either way good luck to the original poster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 03:04 PM
    Have you tried Slingbox?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:16 PM
    what a world we are heading too, when you have to constantly watch security cams from your mobile device, and while in your home...glad I got two German Shepherds, and several firearms...best defense in the world is prevention...thieves and criminals will attack even if cameras are there...if they get past my dogs, they not getting past me...

hope you are able to rectify your issue, i have not even heard of it being done before...ill do some searching and post back if i can find anything...
    I think you're missing the point. It isn't so much that one has to monitor cameras, it's that they have the ability to do so now, so why not take advantage of it.

And isn't it nice to know that with the proliferation of guns, the guy breaking into your house is probably armed and he'll probably just shoot you and your dogs instead of just stealing your replaceable possessions?
    12-13-09 10:38 PM
    In all applications I have used this -- you dont view footage on your phone until there is an actual alarm situation.. so . . if someone breaks into the place -- an alarm trigger the unit -- which then streams footage to your phone as you are getting the call from the monitoring station .. you would then have more info as to what you you need them to do .. "oh its just the cleaners" .,or .. "my secretary is running back and forgot to disarm .. " .. blah .. ect .. useful tool .. update your dvr .. good luck
    12-13-09 10:42 PM
    It's an older swann DVR, The app to view it is Video Server E. When you view it online it loads with Java so i was hoping there was no flash involved. I am doing it for my boss so i'm not really concerned about the battery drain. I have him set up to view it from his laptop or home. Now he is set on having it on his new Storm 2.
    Sorry, hadn't checked this thread in a while. Not sure on that manufacturer, but all the ones I use have a program for the BB if you can do it. It is usually also possible to view it through a web viewer if you have a re-direct or static IP of some sort set up for you location. The last and sometimes most important factor can be the port settings. One of my customers has a Storm on Verizon, and we had to change the port from 100--which is the one I always use for his particular DVR--to 80 because Verizon doesn't have open ports other than 80. Hit me back with a DM if you are still working on it. Or call the tech support for you DVR manufacturer.
    03-13-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD