Hello! How can I view my pictures that are saved on my SD card without saving (importing) them my device? I have a Style. I have all of my pics saved on my SD card. I am able to see them through File Explorer, but they are listed in jpg, and not identifiable until opened. They are not accessible through any of my media players. The only way to view is to import them to my pictures which then takes up device memory (which kinda defeats the purpose of having the SD card). Is there an app that will access the SD card for viewing?

Have been reading Crackberry Forums for years. This is my third BB, and first post. Have spent days researching trying to find answer on my own. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Crowsfeet; 10-09-11 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Hit enter before finished.
    10-09-11 08:20 AM
    can you access them through applications-files-filefolders-media card-blackberry- pictures?
    that is how i access files on media card
    hope this helps!!!!
    Crowsfeet likes this.
    10-09-11 09:20 AM
    Hello! How can I view my pictures that are saved on my SD card without saving (importing) them my device? I have a Style. I have all of my pics saved on my SD card. I am able to see them through File Explorer, but they are listed in jpg, and not identifiable until opened. They are not accessible through any of my media players. The only way to view is to import them to my pictures which then takes up device memory (which kinda defeats the purpose of having the SD card). Is there an app that will access the SD card for viewing?

Have been reading Crackberry Forums for years. This is my third BB, and first post. Have spent days researching trying to find answer on my own. Thanks for your help!
    Why can you not simply go to Media and pictures and then view them all at once as thumbnails or hit your BB meue key and choose slide show. You can also go to the same place and scroll to explore where it will show you your SD card and select it which will give you a complete list of the pics by name and small thumbnail.

Can you not doing any of the above unless I just don't understand what else you want to do?
    Crowsfeet likes this.
    10-09-11 03:51 PM
  4. T
    Strange. When I insert a media card, the device gives a message that the pictures will be added to the media library. I can view the thumbnails and full size images in the media/pictures app or as a list of titles (with a mini view of an image next to each title) in the Files app. This is in OS6. You're saying yours doesn't work like this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tnis; 10-09-11 at 05:02 PM.
    Crowsfeet likes this.
    10-09-11 04:57 PM
    Strange. When I insert a media card, the device gives a message that the pictures will be added to the media library. I can view the thumbnails and full size images in the media/pictures app or as a list of titles (with a mini view of an image next to each title) in the Files app. This is in OS6. You're saying yours doesn't work like this?

Yes mine does work like this, It worked like this in OS 5 and works like this now also.
    Crowsfeet likes this.
    10-09-11 05:04 PM
  6. T
    Okay. I guess we can wait to see if the op will clarify what his problem is.

Crowsfeet likes this.
    10-09-11 06:04 PM
    Wow - What supportive responses. Figured it out, the theme I am using created its own picture icon, which does not provide these options. Had to go back to default theme, and will likely have to choose another. Thanks!
    Last edited by Crowsfeet; 10-12-11 at 07:55 AM.
    10-10-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD