I have a 9700 and I also have Desktop Manager installed on this computer along with Media Manager. For some reason, Media Manager is now uninstalled, something I have no clue of how it happened. Trying to reinstall it requires the CD which nowhere to be found atm. It won't just download the stupid thing and install it.

I was able to access the BB (via USB) through windows explorer (after running Media Manager first) but is there a way to access BB files through explorer without running Desktop Manager at all???

Thanks,
    07-04-10 10:16 AM
    On your 9700 go to Options-Memory-Mass Storage Mode = On and Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes

Plug it in and your Blackberry will show up as one drive and your media card will show up as another on your computer. You can drag and drop files to and from each drive. It's much easier and quicker than using the Media software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 10:27 AM
    You rock. Thanks. That worked and prevented a lot of frusteration.

EDIT: Is there a way to view files on the phone as well in addition to the media card? Thanks.
    Last edited by sam813; 07-04-10 at 10:35 AM.
    07-04-10 10:31 AM
    You need the Roxio component of Desktop Manager to see the files on the phone's internal memory (folder structure) from the computer.

On the BB itself, you can see them by using the BB's Media Player. Open Media Player, press the BB/menu key and select EXPLORE. You can look around the sd card or internal memory. Another option is Filescout (which has a free or pay version)
    07-04-10 10:52 AM
    You rock. Thanks. That worked and prevented a lot of frusteration.

EDIT: Is there a way to view files on the phone as well in addition to the media card? Thanks.
    No problem! You can view them through the "Files" app that is built-in to the Blackberry. My icon is in the Applications folder.

Another way is to open the Media Folder, click on the Blackberry key and select "Explore".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 07-04-10 at 11:00 AM.
    07-04-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD