Hey, does anyone know of a site (similar to youtube) that you can access and watch videos from your blackberry? It would be awesome if there was a site dedicated to mobile videos like a "youtube mobile" kind of thing. Is there anything like that?
    02-27-08 01:28 PM
    m.youtube.com
    videos4blackberry.info

try those.
    02-27-08 01:35 PM
    no but i was wondering how to get youtube on my bb8100
    02-27-08 01:36 PM
    Can't really get anything youtube like on an 8100, I just download videos, convert to iPod mp4 settings and save to my card, I have 20 episodes of aqua teen hunger force and some other stuff on there as well, each episode is about 27 to 35 megs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 01:39 PM
    i got the curve
    02-27-08 01:46 PM
    on all black berrys you can go to blueapple.mobi and watch youtube and stuff just a litle slow
    02-27-08 01:49 PM
    Mine says "the protocol specified in not supported by this handheld", when I try to watch You videos...

02-27-08 05:39 PM
    YouTube is the big name in video becasue they were the first to work out a way to display video in the browser. The techniques uses a plug in program called Flash.

The BB Browser does not support Flash, hense the "protocol not supported" error message.

There is a way around the problem. Blueapple.mobi offers a search and conversion service. You can select videos hosted by YouTube or other sites and convert it to a format compatable with the BlackBerry.

Unfortunatly, that means that you get a postage stamp sized image, but it does save to the media card and you can view it in the Media Center.
    02-27-08 06:29 PM
    blueapple.mobi
    03-06-08 04:49 AM
    That blueapple.mobi site works a charm!

Thanks guys!

03-07-08 08:48 PM
    I don't know of one.
    03-07-08 09:00 PM
    bbforlife10, check out video search from your BlackBerry's browser...

03-08-08 01:50 AM
    I don't know of one.

blueapple.mobi
    03-08-08 05:18 AM
    Look, there's an echo...

03-09-08 03:28 AM
    WOW!
    I am in near TEARS lol - I have been trying since May or June to figure out how to get a video or song to play on my blackberry... and i just took your advice and went to blueapple and IT WORKS! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    03-09-08 03:53 AM
    I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know what's been said...

I think we're getting Flash support (and subsequently YouTube) is the OSv4.5 update.

Blueapple.mobi in the meantime

03-09-08 04:56 AM
    Can't really get anything youtube like on an 8100, I just download videos, convert to iPod mp4 settings and save to my card, I have 20 episodes of aqua teen hunger force and some other stuff on there as well, each episode is about 27 to 35 megs

Yeah thats the best way to do it, just download it to your card and play them.
    03-09-08 12:07 PM
    I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know what's been said...

I think we're getting Flash support (and subsequently YouTube) is the OSv4.5 update.

Blueapple.mobi in the meantime

So when do we get this update... and even more, how do we do updates on our phones? I don't think I've ever done it.
    03-09-08 04:10 PM
    BlackBerry OS 4.5 isn't available yet Goo, but it should slowly become available globally over the next 3 months or so...

03-09-08 11:10 PM
    Ohh and how do we get OS updates??
    03-10-08 12:02 AM
    What's the point of m.youtube.com if phones don't have flash?

03-10-08 01:05 AM
    i like the videos4bb the quality on it is awesome
    03-10-08 04:22 AM
    Blueapple.mobi is pretty cool I like it

03-10-08 08:12 AM
    videos4blackberry.info imo is one of the best sites i've come across when it comes to watching tv or even downloading. all the files are in the correct format, and there's no messing about of any kind. All i do is download on my pc (it's way quicker, I can d/l about 7 or 8 episodes at once with bitcomet in about 10 minutes) and then copy the files over to the video folder on my BB. It's so easy I've been doing it instead of using tpb to get stuff.

Oh, and the support is great. I emailled them a suggestion and within about an hour someone had emailled me a full reply they'd actually done themselves explaining everything. I think the site's run by Blaize on here. I don't usually try to sound like a fanboy, but the site's awesome!
    03-10-08 09:24 AM
    So, I've actually been having a couple problems. For one thing, videos4blackberry.net won't let me search. I don't see a search field @ all. Also, I can't seem to log in to this site using opera mini... I click the login button but it does me no good.
    03-10-08 01:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD