so im sitting at home with my PB expecting to watch 3 days of confusing tech speak live on my PB.

I got one day of video reporting.

For next ces, devcon, rim should provide at least one team with a video camera and a reporter providing us at home with real time reports of whats going on.

im sitting around looking for any info on whats going on at the devcon, pissed that there is no video reporting of whats going on. does rim know they sold a couple pb before devcon? i thought they must be assuming he only people with pb are the devs who got free ones at the devcon.

hello!!
    10-20-11 07:11 PM
    if u want to know whats going on, read blogs or go to the event...
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    10-20-11 07:17 PM
    DevCon is short for Developer's Conference and as such is geared toward developers for BlackBerry, which includes the phones and the PlayBook. There are tons of general sessions, which they wouldn't be able to broadcast due to the sheer number of them.

It's not a free event, they charge people to go, so they can learn and network.. if they did as you suggest, why would anyone feel the need to go? Everyone would sit at home on their couch and watch it, and there would be no point.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    10-20-11 07:20 PM
    if u want to know whats going on, read blogs or go to the event...
    so you dont agree that a video repoerter would be a good thing for those of us who are not developers, just interested users?
    10-20-11 07:26 PM
    DevCon is short for Developer's Conference and as such is geared toward developers for BlackBerry, which includes the phones and the PlayBook. There are tons of general sessions, which they wouldn't be able to broadcast due to the sheer number of them.

It's not a free event, they charge people to go, so they can learn and network.. if they did as you suggest, why would anyone feel the need to go? Everyone would sit at home on their couch and watch it, and there would be no point.

I have been to some paid software conferences where the company would have sessions professionally video'ed and then sell access to the videos *after* the fact. That would be an option. But it is probably not worth the trouble.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-20-11 07:28 PM

i was thinking more along the lines of a young person with a lighter view.not too technical and not standing and recording any one event. an overview of the devcon with a twist.
    10-20-11 07:29 PM
    it would be cool, just doesnt happen because they charge to attend
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    10-20-11 07:44 PM
    it would be cool, just doesnt happen because they charge to attend
    well i would think there were some attendees who didnt pay. if i was in any way tech savvy id work the camera, and if i was30 years younger, id do the reporting portion. either for free, rim would just have to pay my expenses.
    10-20-11 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD