well on my curve 8520 i just wanna watch videos just like click and play, but how do i do that? because when i click on it opens up ans zaps all my 500mb im allowed so, help?
    03-12-10 11:41 AM
    Video can use up your service very quickly.

Use Wifi to download the videos you want to keep and save them on your media card. You can play them back without any penalty to your service allotment.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Select HotSpot Browser and Save.

You can view m.youtube.com and when you select a video, it will stream over Wifi.
    03-12-10 12:59 PM
    I concur with Reed McLay. When @ home, or anywhere providing it turn wifi on & use that.
    That is ofcourse free, & should be a lot faster, too.
    Or shell out for an unlimited data plan. Vids do tend to eat the usage :S
    03-12-10 01:05 PM
    ahh well when i am at home my wifi name thing comes up next to my service provider, orange. but like i dont know if thats using it? if you knwo what i mean.
    03-12-10 02:09 PM
    The key setting is:

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Select Hotspot Browser and you will be using Wifi.

If you have the Internet Browser selected, you will be using your plan data.

To be sure, use Connection to turn your carrier radio off prior to the download.
    03-13-10 10:15 AM
    okay, i have done this but how can i tell if it is using the wifi still? ive set it as hot spot, but i use mobile data alerter to see what im using and it still says its using Home: orange, any better apps? or how to find out if im using wifi power?
    03-13-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD