Is anyone aware of a possible 3rd party software program that would make the phone VIBRATE when the ringer is off? I can't really listen to music on my iPod and feel sure that I won't miss a call because the BB vibration is too soft. I simply can't feel it when it's in my pocket. Anybody know of software or BB updates to fix this?
    12-30-08 10:37 AM
    You can't change the intensity of vibration. Its a simple matter of the ratio between the mass of the moving vibrator, and the mass of the rest of the phone.

The level of vibration is a difficult area for designers. The more mvibration you get the greater the risk it will start to cause problems and failures on the circuit board. To increase vibration the obvious method is to make the vibrator heavier, and/or the rest of the phone lighter. Not easy because the marketing slime are always trying to get a lighter phone than the competitors, so any weight saved comes off the total, not into the vibrator.
    12-30-08 03:41 PM
    I know what you mean. It is sometimes hard to feel when the phone vibrates.

One thing that might help is set the phone to vibrate more times before it rings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 04:18 PM
    Is anyone aware of a possible 3rd party software program that would make the phone VIBRATE when the ringer is off?
    Blackberries can already vibrate as an alternate to ringing.

I can't really listen to music on my iPod and feel sure that I won't miss a call because the BB vibration is too soft. I simply can't feel it when it's in my pocket. Anybody know of software or BB updates to fix this?
    While 3rd party (after-market) software can indeed make the phone vibrate, due to the way the vibration is created in hardware, there is only ON/OFF, no intensity.

Given the needs of the modern woman, RIM has clearly overlooked an opportunity here for yet another thing your Blackberry can do, thus eliminating the need to carry yet another device (and the embarrassment when it falls out of your hand bag at that PTA meeting.

Patrick
    12-30-08 04:29 PM
    I have to have my BB on vibrate all the time dur to work envirment, I make sure is tight to my waist, I can feel it better. I would like to know how to raise the volume of the ring.

Rdney
    12-30-08 09:40 PM
    Given the needs of the modern woman, RIM has clearly overlooked an opportunity here for yet another thing your Blackberry can do, thus eliminating the need to carry yet another device (and the embarrassment when it falls out of your hand bag at that PTA meeting.

Patrick
    LMAOOOO

Not sure if I'm reading into this too deep Patrick....but if your insinuating what I think you are then RIM could've increased sales 3 fold by increasing the intensity
    12-30-08 10:00 PM
    LMAOOOO

Not sure if I'm reading into this too deep Patrick....but if your insinuating what I think you are then RIM could've increased sales 3 fold by increasing the intensity
    I can neither confirm nor deny...
    12-31-08 12:51 AM
    I can neither confirm nor deny...
    Enough said
    12-31-08 01:03 AM
    LMAOOOO

They better give out 5 lbs of rice if they do. I see an influx of "moisture rich"
    phones with this concept.
    12-31-08 01:19 AM
    I installed WebMessenger Message Alerts and it gives you many options to set up specific types of alerts. One of the options is to set the vibrate function to continue for up to 10 seconds. I have found this very hepful so I don't miss calls or key email messages.
    01-01-09 09:39 AM
    They better give out 5 lbs of rice if they do. I see an influx of "moisture rich"
    phones with this concept.
    y'all are bad.
    01-01-09 10:59 AM
    8703e has the best vibrator from what I've felt so far in the blackberry family ... only tried a couple tho.
    01-01-09 05:16 PM
    I installed WebMessenger Message Alerts and it gives you many options to set up specific types of alerts. One of the options is to set the vibrate function to continue for up to 10 seconds. I have found this very hepful so I don't miss calls or key email messages.
    Where did you find "WebMessenger Message Alerts"? I can't find it....
    03-07-09 12:29 PM
    Two places: Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango though for some reason they ahve buried this software on their web site
    The other WebMessenger Inc.

Both of these have really long vibration modes. The problem is blackberry has a latency period before it vibrates and then rigns etc. I've had webmessenger on and its still vibrating long after the call because the vibration ringe period seems to be so short.

I cant say enough good things about webmessenger and their support. But avoid vibandring with webmessenger as there seems to be a conflict.

An alternative is alertmatrix(if like very possible combination and use their other software)

For the record the 7250 and the old 970 had the best vibration mode. I could hear those things across the room and through briefcases. The newer 8000 series though at least has louder rings. Who knows maybe the 9000 series will have both?
    03-07-09 01:05 PM
    -----

Thanks for your speedy reply. And for the alertmatrix tip. I don't really want a loud vibrator (too loud in church) but I want to feel it better than now because I really can't feel it at all and am missing calls when I forget to reset it to Loud. Thanks again.

-----
    03-07-09 01:14 PM
    I don't have the VibAndRing application anymore but I believe it had options for setting the vibration duration and time between vibrations which might help you feel it.
    03-07-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD