This is not going to be another Netflix complaint thread...I promise.

Here's my scenario...I signed up with them a while back...and I find that I don't even bother with it, since I can download anything I want from p2p torrent sources.

The dilemma......I have a couple of young nieces and nephews...they love watching the kids shows when they are at my parents' place.

The only reason I keep my sub active with these idiots is for the kids. Is there another viable source for kids shows so I can get rid of Netflix?

Thanks, all.
    04-24-12 04:35 PM
    get Tablet TV from AppWorld
    one of our awesome forum members Scrid2000
    now it IS NOT a streaming service, but has links to popular network sites that stream their shows online.
    baldo likes this.
    04-24-12 04:49 PM
    or pay for Playon/Playlater which uses your browser and flash to play them. It will also stream your local files, TVlinks.eu
    04-24-12 04:51 PM
    Thanks, guys...I already have Tablet TV, and tried the Playon thing a while back...this isn't for me, it's for the kids. In other words, when they are at my parent's house (not mine), they watch the Netflix stuff using my account, that I programmed into my parent's desktop.

I could just drop the whole thing with Netflix, but I want to keep the kids happy and my folks sane...lol....Netflix is so easy for them to use.

I'd look at other streaming accounts, if anyone knows of them. I'm in Canada, and we don't get Hulu.
    04-24-12 04:55 PM
    I personally like Amazon Prime. 70 membership per year, but in actuality is cheaper than Netflixes cheapest plan. You can stream and get 2 day shipping off a lot of stuff at amazon. That and if you read a lot, can borrow 1 free book per month. Love their service. I use it off my phone, tablet, computer, TV.....PS3.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    llllBULLSEYE and Blkbear like this.
    04-24-12 05:17 PM
    have you looked in to a remote desktop solution?
    some people have stated its a usable work around when in a static location
    so you could get something like splashtop and remote desktop to the computer and have it work that way.
    04-24-12 05:18 PM
    I personally like Amazon Prime. 70 membership per year, but in actuality is cheaper than Netflixes cheapest plan. You can stream and get 2 day shipping off a lot of stuff at amazon. That and if you read a lot, can borrow 1 free book per month. Love their service. I use it off my phone, tablet, computer, TV.....PS3.

Yeah give Amazon Prime a chance you get the first month free so you loose nothing.
    all you have to do to get the first month free is buy one eligible item. I purchased a extra oem battery for my torch $10 shipped and got my first free month. So far better then Netflix and its cheaper.
    04-24-12 05:53 PM
    Why not just stay with Netflix? Unless you are bitter about them snubbing BlackBerry

Netflix is fairly cheap, if I had the situation you have I'd probably just stick with them and be grumpy about it lol
    04-24-12 06:31 PM
    Have you checked out Crackle.com?
    Blkbear likes this.
    04-24-12 06:46 PM
    I have an Amazon Prime account and a Netflix account. Personally, I'd stick with Netflix for the kids.
    04-24-12 09:09 PM
    Thanks, guys...I already have Tablet TV, and tried the Playon thing a while back...this isn't for me, it's for the kids. In other words, when they are at my parent's house (not mine), they watch the Netflix stuff using my account, that I programmed into my parent's desktop.

I could just drop the whole thing with Netflix, but I want to keep the kids happy and my folks sane...lol....Netflix is so easy for them to use.

I'd look at other streaming accounts, if anyone knows of them. I'm in Canada, and we don't get Hulu.
    Have you checked out their vacation hold feature? You might be able to save money by keeping your account on hold except for when the kids are at your parents'.
    04-24-12 10:20 PM
    Thanks, all...the remote desktop isnt an issue because i dont have tv shows on my server.

I guess Netflix is about the cheapest way to go for some basic kid shows...guess I'll stay grumpy. Lol.
    04-24-12 10:36 PM
    +1 on Crackle, may not have everything, or tons of movies and shows compared to other services, but it is free.
    04-26-12 09:03 PM
    pbskids.org

good educational content that entertains and it is free.
    04-26-12 09:07 PM
    Have you checked out Crackle.com?
    Not yet, but I will. Thanks!
    04-27-12 05:21 AM

I believe he said he's in Canada though, and I don't think we have Amazon Prime here yet.
    04-27-12 05:36 AM
    Well Prime to me is like Voodoo and Netflix combined, with additional amazon benefits... I dont use amazon at all so it's really nothing special to me. i dont think it will go that far, but I could be wrong
    04-27-12 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD