Okay the situation I am in is very strange and has me thinking...

For the past two months I have been speaking to a woman (let's call her Jen) on BBM and Jen does not know any of my friends. Now one of my closest friends (let's call her Kelly) and I speak regularly on BBM.

Now me and Jen are not going out or anything along those lines but we regularly meet for coffee, talk on BBM, exchanged SMS ect.

Today I was talking to Kelly on BBM about Jen...

A few hours later a get a call from Jen and it was as if she had read the entire conversation I had with Kelly. Now the really strange part...I had made comments to Kelly about Jen and like everyone else we have phrases that we only use...Not only did she use those phrases but after we talked on the phone I went back and read the BBM convo I had with Kelly and Jenn had said exactly everything I had said during a particular part of that message.

Now before anyone asks I am 100% sure this is not a prank and there is absolutely no way these two know each other. Kelly doesn't even live in the same

Now I have a password on my BB and I always have my BB holstered and never leave it on a table when I go to the washroom ect.

It's 4am here and I honestly can't go to sleep because I'm perplexed at the situation. The only thing I could think of is that maybe someone put a virus/trojan or something along those lines on my comp and when I connected my BB to my comp using the USB it automatically sends all my info to that person...or even worse it sends a virus to my BB. And I don't even know if that's possible.

Anyways, I just used Jl_Cmde to wipe my BB and reformatted my entire comp completely.

Sorry guys just had to rant about this since I've never heard anything like this before.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 04-21-09 at 12:44 PM.
    04-21-09 02:56 AM
    ok...

are you SURE they can't know each other...because its seems like they may be talking to one another. Maybe one of them got a hold of the others contact info (PIN number, phone number, etc.) off of your phone and contacted the other. Stranger things have happened
    04-21-09 03:01 AM
    There is no virus or hack for the BlackBerry that will make this
    happen. I would suspect they know each other and are not telling
    you. Then it is a simple matter of copying your conversation and
    pasting it in a message to the other party.

Go to bed and from here on out, if you don't want your words
    coming back to bite you in the a$$, don't type them.

Wiping your phone and reformatting your computer was extreme
    paranoia and a total waste of time.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-21-09 at 03:06 AM.
    04-21-09 03:02 AM
    I know of no virus on a bb. Dude, it sounds like a game to me, or just a weird coinky dink. (Coincidence)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 03:04 AM
    ok...

are you SURE they can't know each other...because its seems like they may be talking to one another. Maybe one of them got a hold of the others contact info (PIN number, phone number, etc.) off of your phone and contacted the other. Stranger things have happened
    LoL, I'm 100% positive. Specially because "Kelly" is a very very close friend on mine and she would never do something like this...Especially given this particular situation. Also, Kelly doesn't even live in Canada. And besides telling her Jen's first name (nothing else...last name...email..FB account...nothing) she doesn't know anything else...I haven't even sent her a picture of Jen.
    04-21-09 03:05 AM
    Also, Kelly doesn't even live in Canada.
    Where these 2 people live is of no consequence. I have contacts all over the
    world. I'm sure some of my contacts do also.
    04-21-09 03:08 AM
    There is no virus or hack for the BlackBerry that will make this
    happen. I would suspect they know each other and are not telling
    you. Then it is a simple matter of copying your conversation and
    pasting it in a message to the other party.

Go to bed and from here on out, if you don't want your words
    coming back to bite you in the a$$, don't type them.

Wiping your phone and reformatting your computer was extreme
    paranoia and a total waste of time.
    I know of no virus on a bb. Dude, it sounds like a game to me, or just a weird coinky dink. (Coincidence)

Thanks for both your posts. I was pretty sure there is no such virus and the only reason I freaked out like I did is because I was more concerned with someone "hacking" my BB. One of the reasons I prefer my BB over any other phone is the security.

Anyways, appreciate the info guys.
    04-21-09 03:09 AM
    Now you've piqued my interest, I want to know what was said!!

04-21-09 03:11 AM
    This whole "situation" brings to mind a scene from the movie "Doubt", where the priest gives a sermon about gossip and how once spread, it's impossible to take back.

ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    04-21-09 03:22 AM
    Now you've piqued my interest, I want to know what was said!!

LoL!

During my BBM with Kelly I said "this girl is a around the way girl" (in reference to an LL Cool J song. And yup, believe it or not when I was talking on the phone she said "do you really think I'm a around the way girl?"

And when I asked her what she meant by that (trying to play stupid) she just giggled...

Ahhhh...LoL...As long as my BB remains un-hacked I'm content.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 04-21-09 at 03:35 AM.
    04-21-09 03:23 AM
    Lol. Contempt... you mean content.

04-21-09 03:25 AM
    Lol. Contempt... you mean content.

LoL, sorry! It's 4:35 and I only slept for 4 hours last night so yea...

Thanks for pointing it out though...Time to go edit .
    04-21-09 03:34 AM
    As a member of the, ahem, older generation... what you were basically saying was that this girl is a hottie, right?

Last edited by xliderider; 04-21-09 at 03:49 AM.
    04-21-09 03:42 AM
    As a member of the, ahem, older generation... what you were basically saying was that this girl is a hottie, right?

Hahahaha, yes. And "Jen" is one of the very few women - I know I'm going to sound very shallow here - that I am attracted to more for her personality than looks.
    04-21-09 03:54 AM
    maybe she looked at your BB when you weren't paying attention, or maybe you sent a BBM to the wrong one by accident
    04-21-09 04:12 AM
    I think they do know each other or have some kind of contact because for her to ask that in that manner kelly had to have told her.
    04-21-09 08:17 AM
    While there ARE programs that can spy on your phone, they are VERY expensive, and generally the person would need to access your phone for a period of time to load it on. It just seems like too much for a dating(or want to be dating) contact to do. A spouse who suspects cheating MAYBE, but not a girl you are just talking to/dating.
    04-21-09 08:25 AM
    Something else to consider - you can group chat on BBM.

We've done it here a couple of times to see how many people we can get into one chat conversation. Once you are chattign with someone, you can add more people to the conversation.

It sounds like you may have been chatting with one of them. Instead of starting a new convesation, you may have added the other girl into the same one. Everyone in the conversation would see everybody's texts, and they would be able to add each other to their own lists. So, if you were first chatting with "Jen" and "Kelly" commented on it, she may have been a part of the same conversation and saw what you typed - not by hacking, but by invitation.

I don't remember if there is a way to see all participants in a conversation, but since you wiped your phone, there wouldn't be any record of this left over.
    04-21-09 08:32 AM
    You mentioned Face book?

IF both glas are ur friends on face book is ist possible they connected that way?? what I mean is I See comments of people I'm not "frends" with on My friends pages so it would be possible for me to contact them & friend them with a simple message.
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 04-21-09 at 08:35 AM.
    04-21-09 08:32 AM
    Maybe "Kelly" wants to be more than friends.
    04-21-09 08:39 AM
    He stated that at 1 point he had his BB connected to his computer so my question is...
    If this woman were able to hack into his personal computer would that give her access to his BB if it were connected at the same time Or perhaps even previously if information had been stored onto his computer from his BB? I know nothing about hacking so excuse me if I sound ridiculous or paranoid! Lol

04-21-09 10:00 AM
    Wow! What an odd thing... This would keep me up as well.
    04-21-09 10:21 AM
    Do you know what I love about this the most? You don't actually have to DO anything to drive someone insane, you just have to give them the illusion you did something
    >: > love that eevil gurl ROFL!

04-21-09 10:27 AM
    Make sure your not drunk txtn the wrong person.
    04-21-09 11:00 AM
    LoL!

During my BBM with Kelly I said "this girl is a around the way girl" (in reference to an LL Cool J song. And yup, believe it or not when I was talking on the phone she said "do you really think I'm a around the way girl?"

And when I asked her what she meant by that (trying to play stupid) she just giggled...

Ahhhh...LoL...As long as my BB remains un-hacked I'm content.
    thanks for indulging me!! yeah, that is not a common phrase these days.. i mean, i heard it a lot when that song was out, but not for the past 15 years or so. that is just too weird. i just have a sneaking suspicion that they have had contact with eachother.. maybe your friend got a hold of her somehow... who knows. if you end up answering this riddle, let us know what the deal was
    04-21-09 12:53 PM
146 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD