Hi everyone!

Something very strange (I've never come across this before) happened today. Around 12 PM, my phone lost connection to the BIS server (no connectivity logo in the corner, no emails received, none could be sent, and no internet browsing could be done). After a battery pull, my 9810 apparently regained connection to the server (logo was in the corner and internet browsing was available). That was at 1 PM. At 4:37 PM, I received around 8 emails (my first since the battery pull), including four of which were the automatic messages one gets when they connect their BB to the server for the first time. Others were meant to be received much earlier, as the time the message was sent was included in the email itself. Very strange, but all is well now.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there an explanation as to why this happened?

Thank you!
    02-03-12 04:01 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Technical Support and ask if there have been any issues with the BlackBerry Infrastructure (relays) around the time of this event.
    02-03-12 04:16 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Technical Support and ask if there have been any issues with the BlackBerry Infrastructure (relays) around the time of this event.
    I would, but this seems more like an isolated, one-off incident. I came to CrackBerry thinking that if it was an outage, there would be others affected too. But no one here reported anything.

Thanks!
    02-03-12 07:24 PM
    Hi everyone!

Something very strange (I've never come across this before) happened today. Around 12 PM, my phone lost connection to the BIS server (no connectivity logo in the corner, no emails received, none could be sent, and no internet browsing could be done). After a battery pull, my 9810 apparently regained connection to the server (logo was in the corner and internet browsing was available). That was at 1 PM. At 4:37 PM, I received around 8 emails (my first since the battery pull), including four of which were the automatic messages one gets when they connect their BB to the server for the first time. Others were meant to be received much earlier, as the time the message was sent was included in the email itself. Very strange, but all is well now.

Thank you!
    I assume that you were using 3g/4g speeds during data.
    sometimes this happens when you require higher data speeds (i.e. streaming videos, internet radio, tethering, etc). your network tries to keep up with device speed but the closest towers simply can't keep up with bis.

this happens to me all the time whenever i stream music or tether. in my case this happens after speeds go north of 700kpbs. however, in my case losing bis has been helpful as my device can easily reach 4mbps.

if this happens and you want to regain bis there's no need to do a battery pull. just stop data flow for about 10-15 seconds, or disconnect from the network and connect again.
    02-04-12 12:05 AM
    Bla1ze reported on Twitter yesterday it may be some problems with BBM in Asia.
    02-04-12 03:05 AM
    Hi everyone!

Thank you!
    interesting. my fiances 9900 exhibited the same issue. hers happens every after 5 or so days but readily fixed by a battery pull.

however,afteri upgraded to the latest official os, the issue was a goner.

have you tried upgrading your current os?
    02-04-12 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD