I don't know if it was ever released, but don't they have software for running the BB os on a WinMo device? It makes your WinMo device look like it is running the BB OS, and even gives you BBM.
    03-28-09 07:15 AM
    They should be replacing IT! Compatable issues?
    Sounds like the boss is an *****.
    You'll be back, they all come back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:23 AM
    my GOD!... And this boss of yours claims to be a leader of men and women?!!!! Sounds like he needs some serious therapy!.....well....he will after using winmo, anyway.

Good luck to you, sir.
    03-28-09 08:26 AM
    Aw what a great loss, anyway id be getting my own personal if i was you(:
    03-28-09 08:57 AM
    I don't know if it was ever released, but don't they have software for running the BB os on a WinMo device? It makes your WinMo device look like it is running the BB OS, and even gives you BBM.
    Really? If that would be possible I would sure as **** give it a go...
    Situation 1: "oops sorry boss I just bricked one of your new handsets and voided the warranty all in one go, sorry!"
    Situation 2: I end up with BB OS and everyone is a winner :-)

Anyone else know anything about this BB software for WinMo devices?
    03-29-09 05:59 AM
    It's a real shame to hear. Working for a systems integrator, it's not an uncommon theme. I have come across a few organisations investigating whether Windows Mobile is right for them. I have done the ROI calculations in the past and if you have a small number of users (flame guard on), here in the UK, the sums point to Windows Mobile. That being said, as we all know there is more to it then pure financial cost.

What many organisations don't factor in is that they can probably license BES for free or at a knock rate by doing a little arm twisting with their carrier. The carrier will make the license fee back in data charges and calls. On top of that, organisations need to look at their software development strategies. If you are a Microsoft house through and through, then Windows Mobile makes sense. However, if you are focused on Java development then it is probably better to stick with BB.

The thing that doesn't stack up with Windows Mobile is the experience. Having come from Treo 750, the push email works just as well as BB but unlike the BB, it chews the battery even for light users. The rest of the OS feels antiquated to me stuck together with bits of masking tape. On top of that, there is a learning curve with Windows Mobile. I find BB more intuitive and I would say most people can work out how to use a BB within ten minutes.

rant over
    03-29-09 06:54 AM
    I'm so sorry you have to switch to the Omnia.

I started with the Storm....hated it. Traded it in for the Omnia. After a month with the thing, I HATED it even worse than the storm so I reactivated my pink Curve last night! I'm SO glad to have my Berry back again!! I LOVE BlackBerry!!
    03-29-09 06:15 PM
    Hey Matt-sorry to hear you have to go....you probably culd still 'pop' in to say hi! But an omnia? Ohhh well. Good luck with your new device. Try to keep smilin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 06:45 PM
    My deepest sympathies....
    03-29-09 06:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD