Dear all,
    It is with deep regret that I announce my Blackberry Bold is no more, my company in all it's wisdom, have decided to give us Windows Mobile (excuse my bad language) devices. It would seem due to compatability issues with our awful work computers.
    I will no longer be taking part in the forums and I can only describe the loss of my Bold as close as it comes to loosing a family member. (In some cases that would have been preferred).
    It is with a heavy heart that I now must cope with a Samsung Omnia, which in all fairness should have been marketed as "the biggest piece of sh*t you will ever hold in your hand unless maybe you work in a zoo."
    Goodbye crackberry!!

Thanks to everyone here for your help in my BB problems and good luck in your respective rehabilitation programs.

MattyVigilante
    03-27-09 11:47 AM
    Damn very sorry man. Hold the boss hostage until you're demands(you not giving up your bold) are meet. Then write a letter to the prez and get a pardon because he'll surely understand.
    03-27-09 11:50 AM
    Really sorry to hear that, an Omnia? Dayum, that's just not right. Hey you can always get yourself a personal Blackberry and stay with the family.........
    03-27-09 11:52 AM
    That sucks man! You're companies boss should be slapped!! Haha, j/k. Hopefully you can get yourself a BB and join us again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:57 AM
    Really sorry to hear that, an Omnia? Dayum, that's just not right. Hey you can always get yourself a personal Blackberry and stay with the family.........
    I wish I could afford too, unfortunately I cant! I was really angry when I was told this, I despise WM with a passion. Horrible interface, well horrible everything really!
    I will do my best to check back here when I can but it will bring a tear to my eye!
    03-27-09 11:58 AM
    Tell your boss to take the WM (Waste Management) device, and do the sit and twist. He'll know what I mean.

Feel sorry for ya man.

WM = Wannabe Mobilephone
    03-27-09 12:00 PM
    If they are doing away with them is there anyway you could buy yours from the company? Might help them recoup some costs and get you an already personalized Blackberry at a decent price!

Just a thought.
    03-27-09 12:00 PM
    Damn very sorry man. Hold the boss hostage until you're demands(you not giving up your bold) are meet. Then write a letter to the prez and get a pardon because he'll surely understand.
    I was debating a strike, I would have had about 10 people on my side as well!
    They change our phones so often its really stupid but at least we were kept with the BB family and when they changed it was always a BB upgrade (with the exception of the storm).
    I hate this Omnia thing, it just wont be the same!
    03-27-09 12:01 PM
    If they are doing away with them is there anyway you could buy yours from the company? Might help them recoup some costs and get you an already personalized Blackberry at a decent price!

Just a thought.
    I already tried this but they do get a lot of money back from the company carrier when they return the handsets, also a discount on our phone bills so they wouldnt let me keep it!
    I'm so gutted, WTF should a sales executive do without push email!?!?!
    03-27-09 12:02 PM
    Wow that really sucks, I'd threaten to quit (I said threaten)...How are you supposed to work with a Windows Mobile phone anyway?
    03-27-09 12:05 PM
    Your boss is a moron and should step down to secretary.
    03-27-09 12:07 PM
    Wow that really sucks, I'd threaten to quit (I said threaten)...How are you supposed to work with a Windows Mobile phone anyway?
    You tell me!? They sure as helll wont!
    It is beyond contemplation in either case, apparently receiving emails from clients 24/7 doesnt seem to matter to the business.
    Thats fine for me, they can loose quarter of a mil in a day if they want to
    (this is my only comfort!!)
    03-27-09 12:13 PM
    Your boss is a moron and should step down to secretary.
    Excuse me?? how dare you use such lax punishments at the removal of a BB, he should be hung drawn and quartered at the very least?!
    03-27-09 12:14 PM
    Condolences.....
    03-27-09 12:20 PM
    Excuse me?? how dare you use such lax punishments at the removal of a BB, he should be hung drawn and quartered at the very least?!

In this situation I recommend waterboarding, he needs to suffer first.
    03-27-09 12:28 PM
    You tell me!? They sure as helll wont!
    It is beyond contemplation in either case, apparently receiving emails from clients 24/7 doesnt seem to matter to the business.
    Thats fine for me, they can loose quarter of a mil in a day if they want to
    (this is my only comfort!!)

Not to step over to the dark side here, but your company doesn't use Microsoft Exchange Server? That will push over to WM phones...

Regardless of that, what funeral home should I send the flowers to (for your boss?)
    03-27-09 12:37 PM
    An Omnia, OUCH! Least it still has wifi thou, and a GREAT camera (if having winmo doesn't cripple it's use too - like a Storm user can talk eh???)

Anyways there is no reason why you can't still be a member of the CB family, we DO have an Other Smart Phones section, AND once a BB owner you are ALWAYS still part of the BB family.
    03-27-09 12:42 PM
    I feel ya, had a nice farewell myself today...
    03-27-09 12:44 PM
    Dear all,
    It is with deep regret that I announce my Blackberry Bold is no more, my company in all it's wisdom, have decided to give us Windows Mobile (excuse my bad language) devices.
    Lol, maybe they're punishing you guys?
    03-27-09 12:47 PM
    My condolences.
    03-27-09 01:04 PM
    Thats a truly ****ty day at work. Being forced to use a winblows mobile device.
    03-27-09 01:23 PM
    Way to f**k up someones friday! What a j e r k !
    03-27-09 01:35 PM
    The omnia looks nice and feels nice but I hate windoze mobile, Its unbelievably sloooooow.
    Meh, maybe I will stick around and if i could afford it get another bold, it sucks too because a couple of days ago i ordered a really nice case for it off ebay
    Oh well!
    03-28-09 05:00 AM
    Not to step over to the dark side here, but your company doesn't use Microsoft Exchange Server? That will push over to WM phones...

Regardless of that, what funeral home should I send the flowers to (for your boss?)
    Yes, but I dont just get work emails, a fair few personal mails as well. No more BB messenger either, cant chat with my buddies in the other office when i should be working :-(
    All my cool apps, wallpapers and themes just gone. Having said that, my company are so unpredictable where phones are concerned I could be back with a BB again within a few weeks, ha ha.
    03-28-09 05:04 AM
    Man I don't think we've met, and I know nothing about WM but having owned my BB a couple of weeks I feel your pain. I also think it would be a shame if you didn't post here anymore because from the OP you seem like a funny guy.

If WM are as useless as everyone says, your company may soon realise the error of it's ways. Just organise a mass list of complaints with your friends until they surrender
    03-28-09 06:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD