I have a blackberry tour 9630, and have no problem pairing or using my headset, but after trying 3 seperate headsets, the volume for the person on the other end is increabily low.

I can hear people just fine, but all three headsets I tried have a very low volume for the person on the other end, including the very high end Plantronics Voyager Pro which works great on my wife's iPhone.

Blackberry has no support numbers so I hope someone here can help!
    01-07-10 12:52 PM
    This is a long-standing problem with the Tour. What OS version are you running? I think most of the OS's that came out after the release OS substantially helped with that problem.
    01-07-10 01:26 PM
    This is a long-standing problem with the Tour. What OS version are you running? I think most of the OS's that came out after the release OS substantially helped with that problem.
    I've got version 4.7.1.40
    01-08-10 10:34 PM
    Have you tried this? Worked for me with my Plantronics Voyager 510 and Jawbone Prime.

Options > Bluetooth > highlight your Bluetooth headset > press BB button > select Device Properties.

Change your settings to the following:

Trusted: Yes
    Encryption: Disabled
    Echo Control: On
    01-09-10 12:35 AM
    I've got version 4.7.1.40
    It's a known problem with that version. Upgrade to a newer version - .53, .57, etc. and the problem is fixed.
    01-09-10 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD