I have a bizarre problem using hotmail through the custom Windows Live IMAP protocol. I've seen this happening on two devices now - both Bold 9700's.

The phone basically stops receiving email when the Windows Live account is logged into Windows Live Messenger. I know that sounds insane but I swear it is true. Both me and my girlfriend use hotmail on our Bold's this way and every time we log into MSN Messenger we stop getting mail.

Mail does not restart coming to the device until we log out of MSN and someone sends us a new message (it seems a new message pushes all the missing messages - they will not come through on their own).

I'd be interested to know if others can recreate this problem - and if you have any ideas why it occurs!

Thanks
    Simon
    04-22-10 01:05 PM
    I should have added that this happens when we log into MSN Messenger on a PC - not the device
    04-22-10 01:07 PM
    I don't have an answer for you but I know there is some kind of weird integration between MSN messenger and hotmail. On Nokia for example, just installing MSN Messenger gives you a hotmail account on your phone whether you want it or not, and you have to sync through the MSN messenger. When you sign out, you can't use hotmail.

Very wierd, very stupid, very Microsoft. What else could we expect?
    04-22-10 01:22 PM
    i'm having trouble just getting email from msn.
    sometimes hours before they're delivered!
    04-23-10 06:51 AM
    Did you change your protocol from your Service provider's web site?
    for instance; sp's name.blackberry.com

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Trkiye,Trke,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    04-23-10 07:09 AM
    I've had problems with my hotmail accout not pushing email, it seems like its pulling them instead. This is been happening for all this week. I'm not sure if anyone is been having that same issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:54 AM
    I've had problems with my hotmail accout not pushing email, it seems like its pulling them instead. This is been happening for all this week. I'm not sure if anyone is been having that same issue.

Unless there has been a change in one of the BIS updates within the last year, Hotmail IS polled. However, it's the BIS servers that do the polling for you. Not your device. It still gets pushed to your device. Gmail and Yahoo mail are the only 3rd party email accounts, that I know of, that have a continuous connection to BIS servers..
    04-23-10 01:01 PM
    Unless there has been a change in one of the BIS updates within the last year, Hotmail IS polled. However, it's the BIS servers that do the polling for you. Not your device. It still gets pushed to your device. Gmail and Yahoo mail are the only 3rd party email accounts, that I know of, that have a continuous connection to BIS servers..
    I don't think that's necessarily true. I had hotmail for the last 2 years on my pearl and it was being pushed and the email from my school was definitely being pushed.

04-23-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD