I've been on this website for no longer than a couple of hours and already I've come across some non sense. Some excutive moderator posted a link of a whole bunch a links and of course the one I download (BB Weather (OTA): BlackBerryTools OTA) appears to be a virus. I tried deleting it from my applicatins option and rebooting, but it still appears on my main screen along with its icon. This is pointless! What is the purpose of people creating stuff like this to mess peoples phones up? And why is this so called moderator even posted a link to this? Me and my blackberry were fine before this stupid website. Is there anyome who can help me with removing this.... I can't even call it an application because its not but why is it still showing up with its icon on my main screen!?
    11-23-08 06:29 AM
    What's up dude? Ah what's virusy about it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:32 AM
    The icon is a could with lighting coming down and the name is bbweather.
    11-23-08 06:32 AM
    I can not answer why the ICon remains but as you have learned the hard way, be wary of suggestions from single sources. Stay with this site and you will learn who to trust. Nice thing is there a lot of experts here you can trust.

11-23-08 07:11 AM
    I can not answer why the ICon remains but as you have learned the hard way, be wary of suggestions from single sources. Stay with this site and you will learn who to trust. Nice thing is there a lot of experts here you can trust.

HELLO, That is EXACTLY what the link was suppose to do. It's called a signal. It gets sent via your service books. You can easily remove it by following the same link that you downloaded it from. Do a little reading ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-23-08 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Abusive comment.
    11-23-08 07:16 AM
    11-23-08 07:33 AM
    11-23-08 07:35 AM
    From BlackBerry's own site: BlackBerry - Web Signals
    11-23-08 07:38 AM
    I've been on this website for no longer than a couple of hours and already I've come across some non sense. Some excutive moderator posted a link of a whole bunch a links and of course the one I download (BB Weather (OTA): BlackBerryTools OTA) appears to be a virus. I tried deleting it from my applicatins option and rebooting, but it still appears on my main screen along with its icon. This is pointless! What is the purpose of people creating stuff like this to mess peoples phones up? And why is this so called moderator even posted a link to this? Me and my blackberry were fine before this stupid website. Is there anyome who can help me with removing this.... I can't even call it an application because its not but why is it still showing up with its icon on my main screen!?
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

No moderator would intensionly post a link to known flawed software, we all have an interest in seeing happy and productive members.

I hope the information srplummer supplied will help you work out your issues, if not, please reply and give us a chance to get to the source of your issue.
    11-23-08 10:35 AM
    false things such as my phone completly freezing as soon as I open the "BBweather" icon for no reason? False things such as the fact that "BBweather" still remains even after deleting from my application. Oh and false things such as when I went to download it the first time on my blackberry, I had to reboot my phone because I kept getting the option to download the application over and over whenever I opened my browser?
    11-23-08 12:37 PM
    false things such as my phone completly freezing as soon as I open the "BBweather" icon for no reason? False things such as the fact that "BBweather" still remains even after deleting from my application. Oh and false things such as when I went to download it the first time on my blackberry, I had to reboot my phone because I kept getting the option to download the application over and over whenever I opened my browser?
    Maybe a BLACKBERRY isn't the correct phone for you. I think you should get more acclimated to how a BlackBerry works, plenty of members have passed around apps for other users to use. Your phone freezing when you open something isnt a virus it's the app not working properly, and thats not by the fault of the user you posted the useful app.
    11-23-08 01:16 PM
    The icon is a could with lighting coming down and the name is bbweather.
    And where did you download it from?

Sounds like you didn't install it correctly.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 11-23-08 at 06:33 PM.
    11-23-08 06:28 PM
    Thank you for replying, I am inclined to think you have a corrupted BB Weather installation. I gather you have tried to remove it from the device, but who knows how it will respond if it is corrupt.

There is one way to be sure. Force a fresh copy of the OS install. The direction in the following link will overwrite everything on your device leaving you with an "out of the box" install.

Make a backup of your data first, you can restore it when you are satisfied your BlackBerry is working again.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    11-23-08 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD