Well, so on friday, i thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and purchase my own Av Shadow. Well, checking the fedex site, i was energized with joy to see that i would be receiving it the next day before 10:30. NO. i DIDNT.

Wondering why?

Well, to my knowledge, Fedex sent me a ''Clearance Delay'' message meaning the product couldnt enter through U.S Customs because ole good pal Unify forgot to complete an FCC form for it to get to america. Not only did i get upset of this, the notice wasnt sent until 4:50 a.m. So not knowing any of this, i waste a day by getting up before 10:30 so i can sign the product over to me. ( Its my summer, so of course getting up at 10 was a hassle, when i had the choice to sleep in.) After 10:30 i get on fedex's website to learn my product hasnt even reached America netherless showing up at my doorstep.

I am contacted about the situation over the phone, and the lady asked me if i could complete the form for it to be released over to U.S customs. Certainly i cant because i do not have any of the necessary information to complete it. After contacted Unify about this situation, along with Fedex contacting them, it is hours before i receive any replies as to what will happen.

Sure enough unify contacts me saying the have straightened out everything and apoligized for the problem. I replied back asking when my product would arrive due to the delay. They reply back saying in the next day or so? Which leaves me wondering when?. Fedex doesnt update their site until i, once again, am asleep. (fedex is not the way to ship stuff, especially next day). So going to bed thinking the product wont come until next week, i wake up to receive a notice from Fedex saying no one was home to sign the release.

Shipping next day is a great thing Unify offers. But the indirect signature they also require is not. No one in their right minds in my household is up at 10:30 on a summer day. So of course no one is up to sign it. The product isnt something that should require a signature, because it in no way has anything features that only an adult (18+) could use. WELL, i didnt know it was coming today, as i would of painstakingly got up again, to waste another day of sleeping it.

So, since the release wasnt completed, once again, my delivery is delayed to NEXT TUESDAY. I would of gotten up this morning to sign the form with pleasure. But no one bothers to contact me in any way that my product will be here today, and with no direct answer from either company, im left clueless as to when i will get it.

SO thanks unify for the great shipping method, but a signature? really? why? its a device that controls your electronics, not an adult sex toy ( which should require an adult signature). I would have loved to wake up on my time to find the product at my door. But thats not possible due to the required signature.

My point it, if your going to offer next day shipping, follow through with it, or atleast clear things up with your customers so they WILL know when its coming if there is a delay, like the once i experienced. And take that required signature crap off the shipping, its pointless, and no ones up at my house to sign a form at 10:30 for a wireless device.

I payed 118.00 for the device and shipping total, and with that amount spent, i should get fair shipping, and receive it when they tell me too, or direct knowledge as to when i will receive it and not just a reply of ''in the next few days'' and fedex should of done their part to update my status.

So thanks Unify, but no thanks. Your shipping is crap.
    05-22-09 02:28 PM
    You couldn't call fedex and schedule a pick-up? I have missed a fedex delivery and just went to the hub and picked it up.
    05-22-09 02:36 PM
    no i could not, there is no fedex facility in a 30 mile radius of my house, im not going to drive half an hour just to pick up a product that the company made multiple mistakes shipping, My gas, My money. Im not wasting another penny on this company.
    05-22-09 02:44 PM
    On a side note- I want to live at your house for the summer. I haven't slept past 7am in 18months (when our son was born).
    05-22-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD