Walking by a verizon dealer I saw a nice map of their 3g coverage compared to att coverage and under it there was a line which read "there is a map for that".

What's with vz bashing the iphone lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 12:08 PM
    um.. at&t is their main competitor..
    the droid is coming out.. to name a few reasons...
    10-31-09 12:13 PM
    Just good old fashioned advertising.
    10-31-09 12:14 PM
    I don't see it as bashing the iPhone. The ad does what a good ad should do. Take
    two like kind services and compare and contrast. Personally I think the campaign is
    quite clever.
    10-31-09 12:58 PM
    Hilarious parody of the "there's an app for that" commercial!
    10-31-09 01:02 PM
    I never knew how much coverage vzw had. If tmo didn't work good where I lived I would switch to vzw in a heart beat especially since the moto droid is in their corner.

10-31-09 02:59 PM
    Subscriber gains and churn is in favor of AT&T for the first time that I could remember... so they decided to do a commercial to show people that if you want 3G coverage, come to Verizon.

One thing I found funny about the commercial was the one with the two girls... the AT&T girl looked hot compared to the Verizon girl. I guess that's the iPhone (AT&T) vs. All Verizon phones.
    10-31-09 03:07 PM
    I never knew how much coverage vzw had. If tmo didn't work good where I lived I would switch to vzw in a heart beat...
    This is why I always say what does it matter if they have all this coverage?
    If your service is good where you usually are no matter your carrier, then it's
    immaterial unless you travel.
    10-31-09 03:11 PM
    Subscriber gains and churn is in favor of AT&T for the first time that I could remember... so they decided to do a commercial to show people that if you want 3G coverage, come to Verizon.

One thing I found funny about the commercial was the one with the two girls... the AT&T girl looked hot compared to the Verizon girl. I guess that's the iPhone (AT&T) vs. All Verizon phones.
    the hot girl cant multitask and doesnt have very good "service". thats what i got out of that commercial.. there is some truth in advertising
    10-31-09 04:28 PM
    I love the Commercial
    10-31-09 05:41 PM

Hot is in the eye of the beholder!
    10-31-09 07:01 PM
    I think it was pretty clever actually.

I don't think it's really bashing the iPhone though. While it's clearly parodying Apple's commercials, I think it's more of a comparison hit-job against AT&T than anything else.

Now the Android commercials lately, that's another thing entirely... definite hit on Apple.
    10-31-09 07:30 PM
    Walking by a verizon dealer I saw a nice map of their 3g coverage compared to att coverage and under it there was a line which read "there is a map for that".

What's with vz bashing the iphone lately?

Everyone Bashes on " number one " no matter what the subject at hand is. It's called marketing, you expose the flaws in the product to try and draw customers your way. Why do you think Chevrolet has been bashing Toyota in the Fuel MPG wars, same type thing they are trying to draw possible Toyota buyers to Chevy based only on the cars MPG. Well VZW is doing that to ATT. ATT boast they have the "fastest 3G network" in the US, which may/may not be true. But if the 3G area is so small why worry about the speed if I can only get blazing fast 3G speeds in only 35% (or less) of the country. It just doesn't make sense. And as far as " there is a map for that" slogan - it sticks with you, and that is another good marketing point. Just like GIECO's " 15 minuets will save you 15 percent". I don't see anything wrong with ATT's " there is a map for that " ad. But the 'droid - iDon't- - - " ads I see as mud slinging. As much as I [personally] don't like the iPhone I think VZW hit below the belt with that ad.

11-01-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD