Don't most Carriers/Cable/Internet providers sometimes change their pricing tiers around.

I don't see what the big problem is. Those on unlimited get to keep it (I think they have to buy their next device unsub'd and at full retail though...Not sure)

New Customers get unlimited Talk and stuff and pay one price for all devices. Isn't that a good thing?
    06-13-12 12:49 PM
    Glad I left Sprint because they wanted $10 more per phone per month to upgrade my 4 Blackberry phones to 4 Blackberry with the smartphone tax they implemented. Sorry but Blackberry uses less data and I wasn't going to pay to build their WiMax, I mean LTE network out which won't be here till sometime in 2013. I'm also not going to subsidize their over-subsidizing of iPhones. Now I spend a lot less and get speeds well over 4 times as faster than Sprint's existing network can ever support, and better international phone capable selection.

This Verizon move isn't unexpected, and their customers will begrudgingly pay for it and not leave. For what I have now with T-Mobile on this new Verizon plan it would cost me $50 more per month. Hopefully they don't charge extra for Blackberry service in that price. If not then that is actually a cheaper deal than when I priced it out before. AT&T was also way high when I priced them out too and had special extras for Blackberry (glad the merger died).

All smartphones have the $10 charge.
    Its really not THAT big of a deal. My bill is only 90/mo
    Thats great compared to what Verizon wanted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 12:52 PM
    I've wondered about that claim and have considered switching to Sprint, but what sketches me out a little bit is their saying it's unlimited "on our network". Is Sprint's network large and thorough enough that there's little risk of going off their network and accidentally being hit with surprise data charges??

I've had no issues with surprise data charges.
    It's truly unlimited lol. To this day it still shocks me at how much data I use when I go to pay the bill over the phone & it says how many minutes, texts, & much data I've consumed.
    & every month my bill is the same
    I love it. Only problem I have with Sprint is their 3G coverage. It's reaaaaally bad right now.

06-13-12 12:55 PM
    When I switched from TMO I considered Sprint first. Their headquarters are in my city and I know SEVERAL people who work for them, or have in the past. The problem: Their service sucks even here!!! My bestie switched from Verizon to Sprint to save on his monthly bill. Even when I had TMO, with its reputation for crappy coverage, I would get signal in places my friend wouldn't.
    06-13-12 01:02 PM
    When I switched from TMO I considered Sprint first. Their headquarters are in my city and I know SEVERAL people who work for them, or have in the past. The problem: Their service sucks even here!!! My bestie switched from Verizon to Sprint to save on his monthly bill. Even when I had TMO, with its reputation for crappy coverage, I would get signal in places my friend wouldn't.

Haha yeah, i LITERALLY live 2 minutes driving distance from the Sprint store & when I'm in there I get amazing service but in my house it's complete trash.
    The coverage map on the Sprint site says my neighborhood is in a "fair" or "good" zone (can't remember which exactly) but on T-Mobile & their coverage map my neighborhood is in the highest possible coverage zone.
    I've thought about switching but their putting up 6 or 7 new cell towers here so hopefully my 3G for Sprint here speeds up. :/

06-13-12 01:25 PM
    TMO speeds are pretty dang impressive, actually. Anyone who calls their HSPA+ network "faux g" obviously hasn't used it. Yes, Verizon's LTE is faster, but not by the amount that some people are lead to believe.
    06-13-12 01:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD