Does anyone know if Verizon will ever have a 4g BlackBerry phone?
    10-09-11 03:16 PM
    Yes, they will, we just don't know when.

There isn't any true 4G BlackBerry phones available at all now though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 03:34 PM
    Yes, they will, we just don't know when.

There isn't any true 4G BlackBerry phones available at all now though...

I hate to say this but if you go to this link on T-MO and read about the BB 9900 4G there is one network and phone in the BB mix that is.

Unsupported Browser
    10-09-11 03:56 PM
    I hate to say this but if you go to this link on T-MO and read about the BB 9900 4G there is one network and phone in the BB mix that is.

Unsupported Browser
    That's not true 4G. It's just HSPA+ "3.5G"
    10-09-11 04:02 PM
    That's not true 4G. It's just HSPA+ "3.5G"
    TRUE 4g or not, it is the closet form of it out there and if it were not close enough to qualify on their 4g network they could not adverise it that way without RIM or others blogs blasting them for using it in their marketing of the phone.

You said there was nothing so I was just making sure you knew there was something very close if not all the way.
    10-09-11 04:44 PM
    I'm not going to provide any links because I'm sitting in a deer stand right now (not a great signal) so I don't want to deal with it. But anyway, the FCC relaxed the definition of 4G networks a while ago. If you do some searching around you'd find that Att called out Tmobile a while ago because they were advertising their HSPA+ network as 4G. Att gave up and just started calling their network 4G too.

So while both Att and Tmobile advertise their networks as 4G, they're really not. I think it's quite pathetic that they're misleading all their customers because as I said before, HSPA+ is not true 4G.

10-09-11 04:55 PM
    I'm not going to provide any links because I'm sitting in a deer stand right now (not a great signal) so I don't want to deal with it. But anyway, the FCC relaxed the definition of 4G networks a while ago. If you do some searching around you'd find that Att called out Tmobile a while ago because they were advertising their HSPA+ network as 4G. Att gave up and just started calling their network 4G too.

So while both Att and Tmobile advertise their networks as 4G, they're really not. I think it's quite pathetic that they're misleading all their customers because as I said before, HSPA+ is not true 4G.

Your point is well taken and I understand what you are saying not to mention the future relationship between AT&T and T-Mo but Bro I gotta tell ya.... I am an avid Bow hunter and when i plan my vacation around hunting season and the rut deer stand or ground blind I would not be on my BB worying about 4g as I would rather nail a big 160 point + Pope and young Buck to take home instead of being on my BB....
    10-09-11 05:00 PM
    Your point is well taken and I understand what you are saying not to mention the future relationship between AT&T and T-Mo but Bro I gotta tell ya.... I am an avid Bow hunter and when i plan my vacation around hunting season and the rut deer stand or ground blind I would not be on my BB worying about 4g as I would rather nail a big 160 point + Pope and young Buck to take home instead of being on my BB....
    I don't know, lots of things run through your mind sitting in the peaceful woods, 4G networks is just one of those things for me your point is well taken though...

Would it help if I told you I passed up a beautiful 8 pointer a few hours ago? I'm more of a firearms season hunter, this is my first year with a bow. It's more of just an excuse to sit in the woods more often for me...

10-09-11 05:28 PM

I will be sitting in a deer stand in northern Wi. in a couple more weeks. Look out Mellen here I come. I appreciate all the responses. they were all very helpful. I guess i'll stick with the blackberry Storm 2 a bit longer. Does anyone know if the blackberry 9850 is it worth it to upgrade from the storm to 9850?
    10-10-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD