1. I got my z10 several months ago
    2. I never set up voicemail, I used YouMail
    3. I cancelled YouMail and subscribed to Verizon visual voicemail
    4. I activated VVM
    5. I tried setting my my voicemail greetings
    6. Was able to record my name and left the personal greeting blank, I wasn't in a place where I could record my new message
    7. Now, when I access my voicemail and try changing the personal greetings, it says "your current message is: "this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"
    8. When I try to select the option to use the standard phone number greeting, or standard name greeting, it says "you have selected an invalid option"

I am chatting with a verizon rep online.

She told me that "There is a known issue for Blackberry and visual voicemail, the fix is to make sure you have 6.0 operating system Blackberry, is this what you have?"

Come on now.

Also, the VZW instructions for activating visual voicemail is a joke. "Go to the home screen and select "setup"."

Has anyone seen a "setup" option on the "home screen"? No. You have to go to the phone app, then swipe down from the top and choose "settings". Terrible.
    11-29-13 02:57 PM
    This either means that the support rep incorrectly chose the BBOS support docs instead of the BB10 support docs, that Verizon didn't update its VVM docs for BB10, or that BB failed to supply updated support docs to Verizon. Hard to know which, but it could easily be any of the three.
    11-29-13 03:10 PM
    Can you go on to Verizon online and manage your services yourself. I'm on att and I upgraded at the store to 10gig and when they moved the device to that plan they didn't add vvm. I called and they saw the error and fixed it. But I know I could have done it online myself. I know att is different than Verizon but I would hope they have similar online capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 03:20 PM
    My friend had a similar problem (Z10). He was not getting no voice mail notifications, and no visual voicemail option. At&t was clueless. He went to the store and got a new sim card. Problem solved. Try a new SIM card.
    11-29-13 03:21 PM
    I am on Verizon and have VVM-no problems. I set it up through the phone. It notifies me in the hub also.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:52 PM
    Also, I just went in to check if I could change my greeting, and it allowed me too. May be worth it to go to a store, because that girl is confused.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:07 PM
    I actually get voicemail and vvm notifications. I just have no idea what the greeting is that people hear, and can't change it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:41 AM