i read online a few weeks ago that a new update was coming to the verizon curve that would unlock the gps feature, has this update been release or leaked yet? sorry if it has been posted but ive tried searching and came up with nothing
    12-21-08 08:08 PM
    GPS on the storm is unlocked. Was reading at work about this last week. The current version is 4.7.0.75. This can be OTA (over the air), you should see an icon on the main screen for it. IT can be done with the DM as well.

Thought it was unlocked with 4.7.0.65 as well. hmm

As for the curve. Yes it now unlocked for BBMAPS and VZNAV only. The new version can be found at BlackBerry® Software Updates
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-21-08 at 08:15 PM.
    12-21-08 08:13 PM
    yea i have a storm and i know that its gps is unlocked. but my friend has a curve and it is still locked..
    i was reffering to this articleNew firmware unlocks GPS on Verizon-branded Pearls and Curves, carrier's intentions unclear - Engadget
    12-21-08 08:19 PM
    I have a Verizon Curve 8330 and my BBMAPS GPS is unlocked, but no such luck on anything else. BBMAPS is pretty handy though and it works just as good if not better than others. Hopefully Google/Verizon will work together and create a compatible version for us though!
    12-21-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD