True, I don't understand why all carriers don't support all bands.

Posted with grandfathered unlimited VOLTE data with my bad *** BlackBerry Classic on Verizon.
    Because you're illiterate in finance and business

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:34 AM
    Yes but to bad it's not the other way around. If Verizon only allowed unlocked devices to work I could be typing this on a passport right now...

Posted with grandfathered unlimited VOLTE data with my bad *** BlackBerry Classic on Verizon.
    The issue is size of available market. Cdma networks are few compared to GSM around the globe, so it wouldn't make sense for phone makers to include cdma (at extra cost) in all devices. Even if verizon allowed other devices, they wouldn't work without cdma radios. So, chicken or the egg....

In a year or two it won't be an issue once verizon has their voLTE network fully installed and phase out cdma completely.
    06-23-15 12:01 PM
    Because you're illiterate in finance and business

Posted via CB10
    And your a dumbass that doesn't understand what a high spec Flagship is.

The Classic isn't a flagship it's mid tier at best. The z30 came out centuries ago and it wasn't even close to top specs when it came out on Verizon. The Q10 is ancient at this point same with z10. I know I own them all.

I know this is hard for you to understand but we need a high spec Flagship device available yesterday.

06-23-15 12:03 PM
    Yes but to bad it's not the other way around. If Verizon only allowed unlocked devices to work I could be typing this on a passport right now...
    Well the Passport has more issues than just Verizon not being unlocked device friendly. The phone just doesn't have any CDMA bands. So the best you could do with it when it comes to calling/SMS is voLTE--and obviously that's not a feature available everywhere. So it becomes a legitimate reason to not allow the phone on the network as a phone...for now.

But in 2016, when Verizon is supposed to start all-LTE phones: no excuse.
    06-23-15 12:09 PM
    And your a dumbass that doesn't understand what a high spec Flagship is.

The Classic isn't a flagship it's mid tier at best. The z30 came out centuries ago and it wasn't even close to top specs when it came out on Verizon. The Q10 is ancient at this point same with z10. I know I own them all.

I know this is hard for you to understand but we need a high spec Flagship device available yesterday.

No I understand fine that you "need" (would like) the lastest flagship device which is the passport, but please tell me why verizon or sprint should cater to you, please tell me. They should cater to the voice of Antonnius, a member of 0.3% of the smartphone market (according to IDC for 2015 Q1) ? When verizon or sprint begin missing out on flagship devices for ios and android which account for 97%, then they "should" open up to GSM. We have no voice, we are the 0.3% so stop saying we deserve a voice. We're willingly choosing this manufacturer and these carriers and we know what comes with it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sahilp17; 06-23-15 at 12:50 PM.
    06-23-15 12:34 PM
    No I understand fine that you "need" (would like) the lastest flagship device which is the passport, but please tell me why verizon or sprint should cater to you, please tell me. They should cater to the voice of Antonnius, a member of 0.3% of the smartphone market (according to IDC for 2015 Q1) ? When verizon or sprint begin missing out on flagship devices for ios and android which account for 97%, then they "should" open up to GSM. We have no voice, we are the 0.3% so stop saying we deserve a voice. We're willingly choosing this manufacturer and these carriers and we know what comes with it

Posted via CB10
    So what your saying is unless it sells in the quantities of iPhone or Galaxy then it shouldn't be offered? There are still millions of people using BlackBerries. Should absolutely nothing be done an people just defect to apple or Google?

I don't think so. If everyone had your attitude half the companies in the world wouldn't exist. Half the android oems don't sell worth a damn. Yet Verizon and Sprint still carry them. All BlackBerry needs is some marketing and new flagships. They need to renew their image in people's minds. Sales would turn around.

Most people don't even know what the passport or classic is. I'm sorry but Verizon should provide a full selection same with Sprint not just android and iPhone

06-23-15 01:31 PM
    So what your saying is unless it sells in the quantities of iPhone or Galaxy then it shouldn't be offered? There are still millions of people using BlackBerries. Should absolutely nothing be done an people just defect to apple or Google?

I don't think so. If everyone had your attitude half the companies in the world wouldn't exist. Half the android oems don't sell worth a damn. Yet Verizon and Sprint still carry them. All BlackBerry needs is some marketing and new flagships. They need to renew their image in people's minds. Sales would turn around.

Most people don't even know what the passport or classic is. I'm sorry but Verizon should provide a full selection same with Sprint not just android and iPhone

No what I'm saying is in reality, in terms of numbers that would be meaningful, there isn't even a public outcry for the gsm/cdma debate because 97 percent of cell phone owners are currently happy because they get A. The phone they want with B. The carrier they want. Is that not true? The public outcry is exists with blackberry owners on Verizon and blackberry owners on spring, and understandably so. Blackberry owners in all 4 major carriers accounts for 0.3%, so the percent of just on Verizon and sprint is EVEN LESS THAN THAT. You can't complain to verizon and sprint, your complain HAS to be towards blackberry and whatever relationship they have currently between the carriers. Every blackberry owner on Verizon tomorrow threatened to leave HAH they'd tell us to go kick rocks. And you saying that everyone with this attitude would mean that half the companies in the world wouldn't exist? Completely wrong, this is literally the attitude that MAKES every successful company exist. They are both doing just fine without gsm and will continue to do just fine without gsm or even without blackberry users. But the question of carrying devices is not on them, blame blackberry for not being able to convince them to take it. It will be almost 1 yr since the passport released, if verizon and sprint felt they were missing out on the party in terms of sales, they would've done something about so it looks like they didn't feel left out at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 02:10 PM
    It's unfortunate for many of my VZW friends who love my Passport and can't have one! Although some are considering moving to AT&T.
    06-24-15 09:44 AM

Would most people want a passport or a classic? Do you have any evidence that outside of the Fan Base that their is a need or desire for a square screen and physical keys?

But mindshare or carriers aren't the issue with BlackBerry devices...
    Lack of true cutting edge hardware
    Lack of competitive pricing
    Lack of an official ecosystem
    These are the reasons that people didn't buy BB10 devices back at the launch when for a short time there was carrier support and there was some marketing going on - even here in the US.

If BlackBerry can't provide a complete mobile platform that consumers would want... then why should carriers bother to promote these devices to anyone other than those buying them.
    06-24-15 09:49 AM
    Would most people want a passport or a classic? Do you have any evidence that outside of the Fan Base that their is a need or desire for a square screen and physical keys?

But mindshare or carriers aren't the issue with BlackBerry devices...
    Lack of true cutting edge hardware
    Lack of competitive pricing
    Lack of an official ecosystem
    These are the reasons that people didn't buy BB10 devices back at the launch when for a short time there was carrier support and there was some marketing going on - even here in the US.

If BlackBerry can't provide a complete mobile platform that consumers would want... then why should carriers bother to promote these devices to anyone other than those buying them.
    Thank you. But the next argument will be "well most people don't know it's out there and would probably switch if they knew about bb10. Well 2 things about that, 1. Then go blame blackberry for that and 2. I'm tired of hearing some blackberry fans say that android and ios users need a "wake up call" and try to convince them that this is what they want rather than this. Just stop

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 10:17 AM
    CDMA 850/1900 Verizon
    UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100
    LTE 2, 4, 5, 13, 17
    Don't forget band 12 LTE.
    06-24-15 02:40 PM
    Don't forget band 12 LTE.
    Yeah. I was going off of precedence, but future phones really should have band 12. They have accommodated relatively under-utilized bands before (AT&T's LTE band 5, and bands 13 and 19 for Canada,) and 12 is probably more important than any of them right now.
    lift likes this.
    06-24-15 03:39 PM
    Ive been on this family plan with Sprint for longer than I like because I'm out voted by the other Android bearing family members. I recently got Sprint Q10 on Ebay to replace my Palm Pre because it was the last Blackberry phone Sprint offered. Sprint has always had very limited line of phones compared to the other major carriers. I would have left Sprint a long time ago and had myself a Pre 3 had I not been on a family plan. I don't like having only two choices of phone operating systems, which Sprint sales personnel are pushing. They have one Window phone in their lineup but you'd never know it because all you hear when you go into a Sprint store is iPhone and Android.
    07-23-15 03:04 AM
    That is the reason I dropped Verizon after being with them since 2000. I and now a happy owner of a Blackberry Passport. I absolutely love this device and love showing it off. It's a great feeling knowing that I am no longer trapped with all the Verizon bull.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:30 AM
39 12