Is Verizon or Sprint ever going to release a flagship BlackBerry? First we get screwed out of the passport and I can't even get a white Classic.

I did finally cave and get a black Classic which I love. But the load times of the duel core processor do get old. It just seems like it's been forever since a flagship BlackBerry has hit Verizon or Sprint.

I date someone who has sprint and a Q10 they love. But they have had it forever. it has survived several trips in the pool and a couple rain storms.

I love my Classic on Verizon (I do have unlimited data which is bad ***) but I would really like a higher spec device. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Any chance the Oslo or the slider will be released sooner rather then later and might come to Verizon or Sprint?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:25 PM
    Z30 was a flagship device but I totally get your point, I'm on Sprint.

I think there's a chance Verizon could get the slider (Oslo seems doubtful), but the way things have gone with Sprint I wouldn't bet on any new BlackBerry devices coming, flagship or otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:32 PM
    Yes Sprint doesn't get anything lately unless it's a galaxy and iPhone. I think Verizon might get the slider, but it's starting to get old really fast.

I will have to buy us new devices soon. It's a shame I might not even be able to get us a BlackBerry becuase it's not available on Verizon or Sprint.

If it wasn't for my unlimited data I'd roll to AT&T and buy the passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:03 PM
    OP, it's a little unfair when you say is verizon/sprint EVER gonna get a flagship device? I mean cmon don't make it seem it's that way. Verizon offered the z10 and q10 when they released, z10 being the flagship. When the z30 released they offered that, which was the flagship. Yes, the didn't offer the porsche phones or z3, but neither of which are flagship. They DO offer the classic, while it may not be the flagship since the passport is around. So if your anger is because of Verizon not offering the passport, that's fair but don't make them seem worse than they are by saying "gosh will they ever carry a flagship device"?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:31 PM
    OP, it's a little unfair when you say is verizon/sprint EVER gonna get a flagship device? I mean cmon don't make it seem it's that way. Verizon offered the z10 and q10 when they released, z10 being the flagship. When the z30 released they offered that, which was the flagship. Yes, the didn't offer the porsche phones or z3, but neither of which are flagship. They DO offer the classic, while it may not be the flagship since the passport is around. So if your anger is because of Verizon not offering the passport, that's fair but don't make them seem worse than they are by saying "gosh will they ever carry a flagship device"?

Posted via CB10
    So your whole rant was for??? My point wasn't that they(they meaning Verizon. Sprint offers nothing) haven't in the past offered a lot of BlackBerry's devices. But it's been quite a while since they offered a FLAGSHIP device. I have owned the z10, q10, z30 and now classic. So I put my money where my mouth is.

Yes I would love a passport. But the long wait on devices is getting old. The Classic is nice but damn I can't even get it in white on Verizon. Also Sprint offers nothing. I have tons of family and someone I date that is on Sprint. Without a flagship soon they will roll to iphone or android. It's a shame because otherwise they would go with BlackBerry.

My only hope is maybe the Oslo comes to Verizon or Sprint sometime soon. I don't know how I feel about the slider.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 06:19 PM
    Your beef should be with Verizon and Sprint. I'm sure if one of them would commit to buy enough phones to justify the R&D and manufacturing changes needed to support those antiquated CDMA networks that they run then BlackBerry would supply them with phones. The problem is I'm sure they won't commit because BlackBerry sales have been atrocious for them, and BlackBerry can't waste resources for devices that will only run on two carriers worldwide. When those CDMA networks are retired Verizon and Sprint will have much more selection available.

Posted via Z30
    06-22-15 06:31 PM
    I too have Sprint as my service provider on a Q10 and would like to purchase a Passport but I sincerely doubt that Sprint will carry it at all. I say this because, if you go to the Sprint website and select shop for phone and filter search by operating system, BlackBerry is no longer present.

Verizon/Sprint Flagship BlackBerry-img_20150622_163544.png
    06-22-15 06:40 PM
    What is the point of a flagship device when it comes to US carriers... all they have shown is abject indifference to the BB brand when it comes to selling them,... odds are you would get the redirect to Apple or Sammy.....What would change if BB ever marketed a flagship device through US carriers.... The money is in Apple and Sammy... so you really think any US carrier would promote a niche market at best BB over the 100 of million Iphones and Sammy devices... sure a small number of limited BB user base would snap up a flagship device but certainly not enough to warrant the effort by BB.,.. not trying to rain on anyone's parade...I for one would love to see one... but the bottom line BB is a dead brand in the US consumer market.. and Enterprise is price oriented... so where is their market???? and what would be the point????
    06-22-15 06:47 PM
    So your whole rant was for??? My point wasn't that they(they meaning Verizon. Sprint offers nothing) haven't in the past offered a lot of BlackBerry's devices. But it's been quite a while since they offered a FLAGSHIP device. I have owned the z10, q10, z30 and now classic. So I put my money where my mouth is.

Yes I would love a passport. But the long wait on devices is getting old. The Classic is nice but damn I can't even get it in white on Verizon. Also Sprint offers nothing. I have tons of family and someone I date that is on Sprint. Without a flagship soon they will roll to iphone or android. It's a shame because otherwise they would go with BlackBerry.

My only hope is maybe the Oslo comes to Verizon or Sprint sometime soon. I don't know how I feel about the slider.

Posted via CB10
    "It's been quite a while since they offered a FLAGSHIP device". That's absolute BS thing to say because of you agree that the verizon flagship devices have been Z10, Z30, Classic, and Passport, then they have offered 3/4. YOUR rant isn't about verizon not offering a flagship phone in a while, it's only the fact that they chose not to offer the passport. So get the **** over it. They did it rightly so... the most successful carrier in terms of numbers chose not to carry the flagship device of a manufacturer which owns less than 4% of the market share, it's called doing business pal

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    06-22-15 06:47 PM
    "It's been quite a while since they offered a FLAGSHIP device". That's absolute BS thing to say because of you agree that the verizon flagship devices have been Z10, Z30, Classic, and Passport, then they have offered 3/4. YOUR rant isn't about verizon not offering a flagship phone in a while, it's only the fact that they chose not to offer the passport. So get the **** over it. They did it rightly so... the most successful carrier in terms of numbers chose not to carry the flagship device of a manufacturer which owns less than 4% of the market share, it's called doing business pal

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's just like I said it was. The selection is ok with Verizon. Which I have purchased them all. But with Sprint it's a joke. Your dumbass rant about the Passport has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. How does that help sprint at all? They offer nothing.

I love the classic.. but the slow speeds of the duel core processor gets old. We do need a top of the line flagship on Verizon and Sprint asap. Passport or no passport at least get the Oslo released.

Posted with grandfathered unlimited VOLTE data with my bad *** BlackBerry Classic on Verizon.
    06-22-15 06:55 PM
    I'm just happy to grip my Classic!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    06-22-15 07:28 PM
    Your beef should be with Verizon and Sprint. I'm sure if one of them would commit to buy enough phones to justify the R&D and manufacturing changes needed to support those antiquated CDMA networks that they run then BlackBerry would supply them with phones. The problem is I'm sure they won't commit because BlackBerry sales have been atrocious for them, and BlackBerry can't waste resources for devices that will only run on two carriers worldwide. When those CDMA networks are retired Verizon and Sprint will have much more selection available.
    They could have done what Apple does with the Verizon (and now Sprint?) iPhones: compatible with Verizon plus TMO plus AT&T (and maybe the Canadians as well.)

BB does put GSM/UMTS bands in Verizon phones, just not enough for North America. And it looks to be done purposefully--whether on Verizon's orders or self-inflicted, I don't know.
    06-22-15 08:15 PM
    I'm feeling the same. I've had my Q10 for 20 months now, with 6-7 other phones tested for a week or two here and there during those 20 months. It's feeling old and boring and I would pay 2x retail cost for a Verizon Passport. Right now, sight unseen. I just have to have Verizon for work and where I live and I just can't deal with a touch-screen phone. I might have to entertain moving to ATT or Tmobile, which I really shouldn't because of their spotty coverage all over the northeastern US.
    06-22-15 08:17 PM
    I'm feeling the same. I've had my Q10 for 20 months now, with 6-7 other phones tested for a week or two here and there during those 20 months. It's feeling old and boring and I would pay 2x retail cost for a Verizon Passport. Right now, sight unseen. I just have to have Verizon for work and where I live and I just can't deal with a touch-screen phone. I might have to entertain moving to ATT or Tmobile, which I really shouldn't because of their spotty coverage all over the northeastern US.
    I understand. The Q10 is my favorite device of all time and as much as I love my Classic, the Q10 I still think is nicer.

But yes if it wasn't for my grandfathered unlimited data I would have rolled and bought a passport too.

The problem with the Classic is it just doesn't feel like much of an upgrade from the Q10. It's also irritating I can't get it in white on Verizon

Posted with grandfathered unlimited VOLTE data with my bad *** BlackBerry Classic on Verizon.
    06-22-15 08:30 PM
    Is having an unlimited plan really worth it that much for you guys not to switch? What fast is your download and upload speed?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-22-15 09:34 PM
    They could have done what Apple does with the Verizon (and now Sprint?) iPhones: compatible with Verizon plus TMO plus AT&T (and maybe the Canadians as well.)

BB does put GSM/UMTS bands in Verizon phones, just not enough for North America. And it looks to be done purposefully--whether on Verizon's orders or self-inflicted, I don't know.
    Apple knows they are going to sell enough phones to make up the investment in developing the phone with their purchasing contracts. BlackBerry does not. Also the iPhone version used by Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile / AT&T are all different. T-Mobile and AT&T don't support CDMA. There are four versions of the iPhone: GSM, CDMA Verizon, CDMA locked Sprint, and China version. Blackberry should make their GSM models world models like the iPhone, but I understand why they wouldn't make a version for Verizon or Sprint given the current situation in the US.

Posted via Z30
    06-22-15 09:51 PM
    Is having an unlimited plan really worth it that much for you guys not to switch? What fast is your download and upload speed?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    It's absolutely worth it

Verizon/Sprint Flagship BlackBerry-img_20150622_215107.png

06-22-15 09:51 PM
    Isn't the issue with BBRY phones in the U.S. the inane exclusive releases with the carriers? Z30 Verizon only. Passport(with a total redesign) at&t only.

Were these truly "exclusive" or were they the only carriers that would carry the phones?

Actually I believe this started with the Storm and Storm 2 on Verizon.

So is it the carriers or the manufacturer ?
    06-22-15 10:55 PM
    Isn't the issue with BBRY phones in the U.S. the inane exclusive releases with the carriers? Z30 Verizon only. Passport(with a total redesign) at&t only.

Were these truly "exclusive" or were they the only carriers that would carry the phones?

Actually I believe this started with the Storm and Storm 2 on Verizon.

So is it the carriers or the manufacturer ?
    It's all the above. The carriers and the manufacturer. BlackBerry announced the classic in November and it didn't even release on Verizon until end of March early April which is ridiculous. Most people had moved on by then. Not to mention they dangled the carrot of the classic all last year.

Verizon has supported BlackBerry in the past but they need a new top speced device running BlackBerry 10 and so does Sprint.

I have 4 devices I have to buy in the next few months. BlackBerry will loose them if something top of the line isn't available and I'm not talking about a slider running Android...

06-23-15 07:33 AM
    Apple knows they are going to sell enough phones to make up the investment in developing the phone with their purchasing contracts. BlackBerry does not.
    Right. That's why I was suggesting they base their primary NA model off the CDMA. That way they would cover multiple carriers, including Verizon. So something like this, at the minimum:

CDMA 850/1900 Verizon
    UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100
    LTE 2, 4, 5, 13, 17

^This phone would then be good in Canada, AT&T, TMO and Verizon. Verizon doesn't commit to a large enough order? No problem. Divert stock to ShopBB.

My guess is that Verizon (or perhaps AT&T) doesn't want this level of cross-compatibility. And of course, for the phone to work on Verizon, it has to have their approval.

I don't usually comment on signatures, but do you really have voLTE on your Verizon Classic?
    zephyr613 and DaFoxGrey like this.
    06-23-15 09:35 AM
    Right. That's why I was suggesting they base their primary NA model off the CDMA. That way they would cover multiple carriers, including Verizon. So something like this, at the minimum:

CDMA 850/1900 Verizon
    UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100
    LTE 2, 4, 5, 13, 17

^This phone would then be good in Canada, AT&T, TMO and Verizon. Verizon doesn't commit to a large enough order? No problem. Divert stock to ShopBB.

My guess is that Verizon (or perhaps AT&T) doesn't want this level of cross-compatibility. And of course, for the phone to work on Verizon, it has to have their approval.

I don't usually comment on signatures, but do you really have voLTE on your Verizon Classic?
    I'm with you. But I also agree that I don't think Verizon wants that level of cross compatibility. Verizon wants to control absolutely everything. It's garbage. I don't see them allowing unlocked devices anytime soon either. Same with Sprint. At least with AT&T and T-Mobile you can hit up shop BlackBerry.

There hasn't been a Flagship on verizon since the z30 and even then the specs were a little dated. Sprint since the Q10. The Classic is mid range at best even though it is an awesome device. The load speed of thr processor gets old sometimes.

But yes I do get VOLTE on my Classic. Verizon has had it rolled out for a while and the classic was one of the supported devices. It really just needs a little faster processor to take advantage of it.

I will be disgusted if the next BlackBerry available is running full android...disgusted

06-23-15 09:44 AM

CDMA 850/1900 Verizon
    UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100
    LTE 2, 4, 5, 13, 17

All Verizon smartphones are now gsm-compatible, so that's definitely not it.
    06-23-15 09:52 AM
    Yes but to bad it's not the other way around. If Verizon only allowed unlocked devices to work I could be typing this on a passport right now...

06-23-15 09:57 AM
    GSM compatible, but not fully AT&T and TMO compatible.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    06-23-15 10:01 AM
    GSM compatible, but not fully AT&T and TMO compatible.
    True, I don't understand why all carriers don't support all bands.

More lovely news is John Chen is pulling resources from the hardware division to shore up software.

Maybe just release a couple bad *** devices and actually market for once? Let people know you exist? Just a thought.

06-23-15 10:11 AM
39 12