I think the correct term is CrashBerry. You know, with all the bricking and nuking.
    Not a single hourglass or a crash for that matter on my 9860. I guess android devices doesn't have issues. Nothing os proof.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 02:10 PM
    You mean Itoy.
    considering the fact that an iphone offers fantastically more function than any blackberry on the market, calling them toys seems to be a bit one-note / one-sided. and that's coming from an AVID anti-apple person here. there is no justification for defending blackberry anymore in my eyes, they aren't delivering, only failing. sure we can all wait to see what bb10 offers, but you're looking at what now? 10 months away probably for ONE device. not looking good, and slamming the competition in no way magically improves RIM's image, only makes you appear delusional.
    01-09-12 07:57 PM
    ...an iphone offers fantastically more function than any blackberry...
    I would love to hear what an iPhone does which a BlackBerry does not.
    01-09-12 07:59 PM
    Seriously?
    01-09-12 08:03 PM
    Seriously, we would.
    01-09-12 08:06 PM
    Seriously?
    Is that your answer? "seriously?"

Yes...I'm DEAD serious.
    01-09-12 08:07 PM
    we'll start with an app catalog of about 750,000 apps, from there: 2 way proper gmail sync, sure blackberry says they offer that, it doesn't work properly though, unless you consider a half our delay "proper" so right off the bat we have 2 pretty serious items if you use your phone for functionality. i won't go into the amount of function apps offer, i'm sure you can gather that yourself. turn by turn navigation (free non-carrier offered). beautiful display, higher resolution, large development interest, video chat, siri, wireless sync, insanely good camera... i mean seriously...there isn't really an argument to be made here. i could probably write paragraphs.
    01-09-12 08:11 PM
    we'll start with an app catalog of about 750,000 apps
    iOS can have 10 MILLION apps, and 9 Million will be fart apps or apps nobody gives a shit about.

from there: 2 way proper gmail sync, sure blackberry says they offer that, it doesn't work properly though, unless you consider a half our delay "proper" so right off the bat we have 2 pretty serious items if you use your phone for functionality.
    My Gmail syncs perfectly. Maybe you don't know what you're doing.

i won't go into the amount of function apps offer, i'm sure you can gather that yourself.
    Why not? Every app I use functions exactly as I need it to. Since you're not giving examples, we can just assume you're blowing smoke.

turn by turn navigation (free non-carrier offered)
    I use TeleNav and it looks and works perfectly. So really, your issue is with the carrier because you're cheap?

beautiful display, higher resolution
    My display looks beautiful. Is a phone supposed to be able to put on a show and replace a movie theatre?

large development interest,
    Large and relevant are 2 different things.

video chat
    Yes, it does video chat. Woo.

siri
    This is a gimmick that says "I'm a sucker".

wireless sync
    Wireless sync, what? Music? Uh yeah...my BlackBerry does that too.

insanely good camera
    I bet my BlackBerry's camera takes better shots than your iPhone.

i mean seriously...there isn't really an argument to be made here. i could probably write paragraphs.
    Cool story. Why are you still trolling a BlackBerry site then?
    FMB8900 likes this.
    01-09-12 08:21 PM
    iOS can have 10 MILLION apps, and 9 Million will be fart apps or apps nobody gives a shit about.

My Gmail syncs perfectly. Maybe you don't know what you're doing.

Why not? Every app I use functions exactly as I need it to. Since you're not giving examples, we can just assume you're blowing smoke.

I use TeleNav and it looks and works perfectly. So really, your issue is with the carrier because you're cheap?

My display looks beautiful. Is a phone supposed to be able to put on a show and replace a movie theatre?

Yes, it does video chat. Woo.

This is a gimmick that says "I'm a sucker".

Wireless sync, what? Music? Uh yeah...my BlackBerry does that too.

I bet my BlackBerry's camera takes better shots than your iPhone.

Cool story. Why are you still trolling a BlackBerry site then?
    pretty much nothing you said there is irrelevant, the 'fart app' argument is old and tired, do you actually think nearly 700,000 apps are useless? i'll even flatter you with that statement, even if there are only 50,000 useful apps of the bunch, that 50,000 left is still more than RIM has in app world. to continue, sorry but every review you can find on os 7 devices will specifically mention disappointment in screen resolution and clarity, RIM has not even come close to creating a screen comparable to iphones, this argument you've just presented is just simply complete nonsense at this point, nobody is buying it, almost everyone has used other devices by now and admitted blackberry is severely lacking, most importantly to the point, the people who run this forum and run this site, are unanimously in agreement that blackberry is currently beat by apple and google with the devices themselves and ecosystem that follows with them. i'm sorry that your blind loyalty requires you to write everything else off as a toy, but i can assure you of one thing, RIM doesn't view the iphone as a toy, nor android. they've forfeited about 40% marketshare to the two and are seeing loss of revenue and an 80% stock drop directly related to iOS/android's existence. keep fighting the good fight though in dream world. wp7 with almost 0 marketshare gets better reviews than bbos, this is just simply fact, there is no harm in admitting it. the bb fanboy island becomes increasingly smaller as each day passes, the last of the bunch are at this point simply confused about reality. does that mean you have to switch? no of course not, i hope you love blackberry, but you brought up the assumption that bbos somehow does just as much as it's competitors, and that sir, is just frankly absurd.

i also don't own an iphone, nor will i ever, i HATE apple, but as far as comparing the camera? good luck, the iphones camera is stunning, and i say that being an android lover.
    Last edited by katiepea; 01-09-12 at 08:38 PM.
    01-09-12 08:34 PM
    With the exception of video chat, you've not named 1 thing that the iPhone does that the BlackBerry does not. Do you realize how sheepish you sound? Maybe "there's an app for that".
    01-09-12 08:37 PM
    With the exception of video chat, you've not named 1 thing that the iPhone does that the BlackBerry does not. Do you realize how sheepish you sound? Maybe "there's an app for that".
    yeah i named a lot, and sorry but iphone and android are both better messaging devices than blackberry. sheepish? no i don't think so, i don't think you read very well, i stated already that i hate everything about apple. i'm not defending apple, i'm making the un-deniable truth statement that the iphone offers more functionality than blackberry. from an iphone i can control my lights, heating, air, entertainment system, torrent downloads, music, television system, google+ networking with group video chats, manufacturer OTA updates, and gmail directly from my phone. blackberry does none of this. sorry but gmail 2 way sync does NOT work well, there are dozens of threads about it on crackberry. you might want to get a little experience about other OS's before you make assumptions about what functionality is comparatively. i can use my iphone to manage remote desktop environments and system libraries remotely. this is especially handy if your'e away a lot, and i know people who actually have based a career off of dj'ing using their iphone as a middleman between a gig and home. needing only to bring an iphone to a show. this sort of thing is impossible with blackberry. 3rd party hardware and software support for both iphone and android are abundant, and nearly non-existent on blackberry. i get it, you don't use your phone for much and dont' need anything more than a blackberry, that's great, the caveat for this mentality though is that blackberry's are priced identically to top of the line android and iOS devices, while offering nothing close to the same experience. this is pathetic at this point. even when comparing utilities that are offered on ALL ecosystems, like facebook and twitter, the experience on BB is severely lacking compared to android/iOS.
    01-09-12 08:51 PM
    You are either delusional or, sorry to say it, stupid. Either way, I quit reading your last post halfway through the 2nd sentence.
    01-09-12 08:52 PM
    You are either delusional or, sorry to say it, stupid. Either way, I quit reading your last post halfway through the 2nd sentence.
    of course you did, if you read the whole thing you would probably end up having to admit your original statement is not only wrong, but absurd, denial is an easy road to take. namecalling only proves you can't defend your side of the topic. how am i delusional? i've owned about 12 blackberry devices, and 0 iphones and i can still see this clearly. get real, you've completely failed here. as far as me being stupid? no i don't think so, i'm a networking systems engineer for a rather large company with an MCSE, CNA, RHCE. i'm very familiar with BES / BIS integration into systems and i can tell you that BBos is a failing platform based on what we want in our environment and what is offered by blackberry. why do you think RIM is now offering support for android and iOS on BES? it surely isn't because they're toys, it's because they can no longer compete using only their own hardware/software. no i'm not stupid i've provided lengthy evidence (at your request) to counter your statement, and your side has amounted to "nuh uh" good work
    Last edited by katiepea; 01-09-12 at 08:57 PM.
    01-09-12 08:54 PM
    It's ALWAYS down to this, check the box versus refinement.

Kia versus Mercedes.

The Mercedes fan will say "I paid more, and my glovebox door is carved from burl maple, perfectly finished, flush with the dash, the latch clicks with the same sound as every other latch on the car, the door is perfectly weighted, lined with leather that matches the seats, and has a sturdy hinge that will last a long time with pins that can be rebushed to last a lifetime".

The Kia fan will say "SUCKER! I paid less and mine holds 2.0L rather than your measly 1.8L!!! KIA FTW!!!"

or "Music? My BB does music, check!" with no points to iPhone as the standard for "doing music". Garage Band for BB ain't coming any time soon.

Except in this case, the Kia (BB) costs the same or more than the Mercedes (iPhone).

But the arguments are ALWAYS refinement that one camp either can't comprehend or refuses to acknowledge, versus "check boxes" that ignore quality, character and refinement.

But I did LOL at "I'll better my camera takes better pictures". You need to look at the output of the devices on Flickr, the delta in image quality is very large.
    01-09-12 09:04 PM
    Dont forget Free Turn by Turn Navigatoin curtesy of Blackberry Traffic

01-09-12 09:27 PM
    Oh awesome, another thread dissolved into this the endless debate of which phone is better. Don't you guys ever get tired of arguing the same points over and over and over and over and over?
    Go be helpful somewhere, stop trying to one up each other. It's pointless.

The end.
    tmelon likes this.
    01-09-12 09:29 PM
191 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD