I find this hard to believe. Tech sector maybe, but not Government.
    Our local and county governments almost all have made provisions for android and iOS..the state is supporting them to, on most levels
    01-07-12 07:11 PM
    Go play w/ a 9850/9860 and tell me blackberry is a dieing breed. Not going to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 07:44 PM
    I work across from a Verizon store so I walk over there every once in a while to see what's new. Yesterday, I began talking to one of the representatives about what they offered and the conversation veered over to when they sell BlackBerries. He said that he and many of the other people there urge people against BlackBerries because they don't want to have to deal with returns and complaints.
    01-07-12 09:26 PM
    I work across from a Verizon store so I walk over there every once in a while to see what's new. Yesterday, I began talking to one of the representatives about what they offered and the conversation veered over to when they sell BlackBerries. He said that he and many of the other people there urge people against BlackBerries because they don't want to have to deal with returns and complaints.
    Sounds like they don't like or want to take responsibility in helping their customers. If I was verizon, I would do the best I could to get staff/CSR's properly trained.
    01-07-12 09:30 PM
    I turned my IPhone 4S back into Sprint this afternoon after leaving my 9650. I had it for exactly 13 days. Rep could not believe I wanted to go back to BB and told me I was downgrading my equipment, that RIM would not support the 9930 and OS7 when the new phones were out, etc. Asked what I did not like about the 4S and I told him - battery sucks, it's weight, apps that you have to close twice and I am not a gamer. Why do I need so many apps when I can just get the web page. We talked about the PB and he began to make negative comments and I hammered him with what I can do on mine. I walked out with a new 9930 and feel like I am home again.
    Crackberry adictions are the best. Once you got hook, you can't get out . That why I spend 200$ to get the 9650 while with that amount of money I could get a nice (insert a smart phone)
    01-07-12 09:52 PM
    VRW can't get over the storm I fiasco. Let by-gone bet just that, by- gone
    01-07-12 09:56 PM
    Crackberry adictions are the best. Once you got hook, you can't get out . That why I spend 200$ to get the 9650 while with that amount of money I could get a nice (insert a smart phone)
    yes sir. Can't have said it any better.

01-07-12 09:58 PM
    I turned my IPhone 4S back into Sprint this afternoon after leaving my 9650. I had it for exactly 13 days. Rep could not believe I wanted to go back to BB and told me I was downgrading my equipment, that RIM would not support the 9930 and OS7 when the new phones were out, etc. Asked what I did not like about the 4S and I told him - battery sucks, it's weight, apps that you have to close twice and I am not a gamer. Why do I need so many apps when I can just get the web page. We talked about the PB and he began to make negative comments and I hammered him with what I can do on mine. I walked out with a new 9930 and feel like I am home again.
    That really jerks me off when reps pull attitudes like that. It's bad enough if you go in cold with a preference for a BB and they try to talk you out of it, but it's downright disrespectful and condescending when you've actually tried something else and don't like it and they still try to cram something else down your throat. The problem is that too many people are uninformed and actually believe whatever the reps are spewing. Reading stuff like this, I'd like to think I'd walk out and take my business elsewhere, but I'm usually too impulsive and just buy what I want anyway.

Whatever ... welcome back home.
    01-07-12 10:13 PM
    just don't listen to them eh
    buy what you want....
    01-08-12 01:19 AM
    just don't listen to them eh
    buy what you want....
    This. Best post of this thread.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    01-08-12 01:33 AM
    I was browsing at a Verizon store a few months ago and an evil female rep told me that Verizon wasn't going to carry BlackBerrys anymore! Now, I knew she was lying, but I wonder how many people believe reps like her that when they give bogus info?

I can attest that reps dont know diddly. At verizon anyway. The rep at my local store told me emphatically that vzw wasnt carrying the 9850 (and i bought one direct on the phone from vzw a week later). At that very store they have a 9850 on display. The phone they werent carrying.

So... wheneveri hear a rep say X or a forum poster report a rep told they Y.... I either ignore it, or flip it 180 degrees and assume that is a more accurate statement.
    01-08-12 07:28 AM
    Yeah from my experiences reps aren't that knowledgeable when you talk to them about BlackBerry's. There has only been one rep that I talked to recently who really knew every question I asked about BB's.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-08-12 07:50 AM
    I have a Tour 9630. I'm very happy with it. I feel the BB in general is the ultimate communications tool. The phone is excellent (I'm between Boston and Providence), the messaging features are excellent, they keyboard is excellent.

The only problem is the browser, which sucks eggs. I'm up in May so I have some decisions to make. I was just assigned a Nextel at work, so my options are open as far as my personal deice goes.

If BB can make a significant improvements in the browser I will stay with them.
    01-08-12 10:39 AM
    I have a Tour 9630. I'm very happy with it. I feel the BB in general is the ultimate communications tool. The phone is excellent (I'm between Boston and Providence), the messaging features are excellent, they keyboard is excellent.

The only problem is the browser, which sucks eggs. I'm up in May so I have some decisions to make. I was just assigned a Nextel at work, so my options are open as far as my personal deice goes.

If BB can make a significant improvements in the browser I will stay with them.
    The browser on OS7 is great. I love surfing on my 9850. Adding a PlayBook as well is like nirvana.
    01-08-12 10:47 AM
    Isn't the battery life worse on the 9930 vs ip4s. It was for me anyways. RIM def dug themselves in a hole! Now if the device isn't completely perfect they will get hammered! Truth be told all o.s's have flaws. But for the most part apple and android's flaws get over looked. For the most part I love my ip4s but there are 2 or 3 things that really annoy me. When I had bb I would say there were 2 or 3 things also. But all the forum stuff I read about those issues with the iphone everyone is like well yeah but it's no big deal. With bb everyone was ripping on RIM haha. Hopefully RIM does bb10 right! The got the hardware right with the 9930(Minus battery life) Throw a good os that will be app dev friendly maybe verizon reps will be more open minded
    01-08-12 11:14 AM
    Yeah, well I only get a new phone every two years with Verizon. Either way, a QNX phone STILL is not out and RIM is just plain non-competitive in the app market. Its not just games (which I don't care about), its every day productivity. My bank has apps for instant access to my accounts for iPhone and Android, but none and no plans to make any for BB. That's far more common than not. RIM is stuck in the past and dying slowly.

While you seem a little too angry over something so little as a cell phone haha you are right on the money with this statement. When I had bb's I would get so frustrated with watching all the apps available for iphones and android devices. And also for bb having such reliable email(which I don't argue) I couldn't stand the "chopped up" emails. I love on the iphone I receive my emails exactly like they would be on the computer. I also like that all my email folders are on the phone so I can easily organize my emails. I honestly haven't gone on my computer to do anything with mail since having an iphone.
    Sandman333 likes this.
    01-08-12 11:41 AM
    You mean Itoy.
    01-08-12 02:44 PM
    You mean Iphone.
    I don't condone calling a phone a toy unless it's from the dollar store.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    01-08-12 02:49 PM
    I don't condone calling a phone a toy unless it's from the dollar store.
    Since we can't see mouths foaming on the internet, the i-jabs make it easy to identify the folks who have gone rabid!

To be fair, anyone referring to a "crapberry" or something like that is probably also not coming to the table with valid firmware.
    01-08-12 08:43 PM
    Since we can't see mouths foaming on the internet, the i-jabs make it easy to identify the folks who have gone rabid!

To be fair, anyone referring to a "crapberry" or something like that is probably also not coming to the table with valid firmware.
    I think the correct term is CrashBerry. You know, with all the bricking and nuking.
    01-09-12 07:15 AM
    Well, what Verizon is lacking in BB recommendations, ebay is making up:

01-09-12 10:10 AM
    I find this hard to believe. Tech sector maybe, but not Government.
    That's *#!*!*. They may 'allow' it for phone calls, maybe e-mails, but no way an iPhone can handle secure data in a way, a good IT-department will allow!
    Both the Coast Guard and the Navy allow the use of iPhones. You can't get much more government than a branch of the military.

This makes perfect sense because with more and more people out of work and out of a job the more android and apple devices will shine. Blackberrys are for people who do real business and need to communicate efficiently. This is what Rim built them for and are the best at doing just that.
    So if you're jobless and out of work, you have an iPhone?

I do real business at both of my jobs on my iPhone. I have a side job that my ex and I run together and yes, I use my iPhone and my BB. I use my iPhone more than my BB because of the apps that help me as well as the fact that it doesn't crash and die as much as my BB did. Not every person who has an iPhone works at McDonalds flipping frozen cow parts for a living or is some 30something who still lives at home in their parents' basement playing some MMPORPG in their spare time.
    01-09-12 10:24 AM
    Both the Coast Guard and the Navy allow the use of iPhones. You can't get much more government than a branch of the military.

I do real business at both of my jobs on my iPhone. I have a side job that my ex and I run together and yes, I use my iPhone and my BB. I use my iPhone more than my BB because of the apps that help me as well as the fact that it doesn't crash and die as much as my BB did. Not every person who has an iPhone works at McDonalds flipping frozen cow parts for a living or is some 30something who still lives at home in their parents' basement playing some MMPORPG in their spare time.
    Not everybody lives in a basement, there are apartments, bunalos and condos, even cottages.
    01-09-12 10:31 AM

Amen. It sounds to me that some people just don't (or refuse to?) understand that Android and iOS have been viable solutions for business users for quite some time now. Not that this fact makes BBs any LESS viable, but the tide is definitely turning. Most of the people in my small office use Android devices. A couple have blackberries. So far (I've only been here a couple months) I haven't seen any iPhones.
    01-09-12 10:33 AM
    NASA can officially use iPhones too. Just thought I'd mention that. That's one job that impresses me! If rocket scientists use iPhones they must be ok. Ha
    01-09-12 11:41 AM
191 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD