Seriously we get it. You don't like BlackBerry. That's cool, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The thing that I don't get is that if you don't like BlackBerry why do you spend so much time posting on a BlackBerry Forum? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?
    I think you've confused me with someone else.
    10-12-11 05:33 PM
    Today's announcement just proves my point- more delays and my guess is that by the time they actually get QNX phones to market, they will be woefully outdated by the competition yet again. I'll be abandoning BB for sure now, going Android- just waiting for the new 5 core processor phones to get to market (should be 1Q 2012) and then I'm gone.

It's Official: First BlackBerry 10 Smartphones Won't Be Available Until Late 2012! | CrackBerry.com
    12-16-11 01:23 AM
    Today's announcement just proves my point- more delays and my guess is that by the time they actually get QNX phones to market, they will be woefully outdated by the competition yet again. I'll be abandoning BB for sure now, going Android- just waiting for the new 5 core processor phones to get to market (should be 1Q 2012) and then I'm gone.

It's Official: First BlackBerry 10 Smartphones Won't Be Available Until Late 2012! | CrackBerry.com
    Okay, regardless of your decision, enjoy your new superb smartphone!
    12-16-11 01:31 AM
    The reps are welcome to their opinions, but it is not like they have any special expertise for the most part. Nor do they have any valuable inside knowledge. Just running their mouths.
    12-16-11 01:32 AM
    Okay, regardless of your decision, enjoy your new superb smartphone!
    Thanks. I'm really disappointed, but not surprised, by RIM. I really wanted to give QNX a chance, but I'm not waiting another whole year to upgrade- if it even comes out then. Given RIM's track record, it may well be 2013 before QNX phones are available, if ever. Sad.
    12-16-11 01:35 AM
    The reps are welcome to their opinions, but it is not like they have any special expertise for the most part. Nor do they have any valuable inside knowledge. Just running their mouths.
    Very true, but it's amazing how many people make their 2-year commitment based on the nonsense from the reps.

Whenever I go to preorder a new device for the office, they always try to talk me into some other phone. If I'm preordering a Galaxy Nexus, they try to sell me the iPhone. When I tried to preorder the iPhone 4S, they tried to sell me some HTC phone. Whatever phone gets them the best commission that week.

One of them told me that if I buy the iPhone 4S, I won't be able to run any of the apps from my iPhone 4 because the "CPU is a new proprietary Apple chip".
    12-16-11 01:40 AM
    Very true, but it's amazing how many people make their 2-year commitment based on the nonsense from the reps.

Whenever I go to preorder a new device for the office, they always try to talk me into some other phone. If I'm preordering a Galaxy Nexus, they try to sell me the iPhone. When I tried to preorder the iPhone 4S, they tried to sell me some HTC phone. Whatever phone gets them the best commission that week.

One of them told me that if I buy the iPhone 4S, I won't be able to run any of the apps from my iPhone 4 because the "CPU is a new proprietary Apple chip".
    Yeah. No doubt. I see people swayed by the reps all the time.
    12-16-11 01:50 AM
    I never ever listen to sales people, I see them there only for completing the paperwork, that's all.
    12-16-11 03:29 AM
    It's interesting that only Verizon's sellers are always saying those things about Blackberry...
    12-16-11 06:35 AM
    He gave you good advice. Get the Blackberry only if you like 15+ minute boot times, having to do battery pulls multiple times every day because the response time for each button press is measured in minutes, and missing calls because the phone is so laggy that they go to voice mail before you can get it to respond. I hate my Blackberry and can't wait to dump this POS for Android this December when I'm eligible to upgrade. Never again will I use a BB. Bye Bye RIM- you are stuck in the dark ages of technology. Everyone has passed you by and your sales show it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were out of business within two years.
    Bye, bye Sandman. Just like bye, bye to Metallica after their stance on downloadable music. And they had a song called 'Sandman' too. You won't be missed.
    12-16-11 07:10 AM
    Bye, bye Sandman. Just like bye, bye to Metallica after their stance on downloadable music. And they had a song called 'Sandman' too. You won't be missed.
    I never miss bashers or trolls.
    12-16-11 07:42 AM
    Go windows phone lol
    12-18-11 11:24 PM
    I never miss bashers or trolls.
    Not bashing or trolling- it's just the reality of the situation. I was willing to give BB one last chance pending their delivery of a QNX phone within the first half of 2012. I predicted it would be delayed and, surprise, it will be. I'd be surprised at this point if any QNX phone actually hits the market before 2013, by which time it will already be outdated by the competition. RIM just doesn't get it, and that's too bad. I really wish they had gotten their stuff together and delivered, but it's just the same-old same-old with them. Going to go with a phone that is actually up with current technology when I buy it instead of one that is several generations behind everyone else.
    12-23-11 04:54 AM
    Going to go with a phone that is actually up with current technology when I buy it instead of one that is several generations behind everyone else.
    I think the most interesting thing about what these detractors say is that, IMHO, it doesn't really matter. I mean, my new Torch 9810 does email perfectly. Has a great keyboard, for when I want it, and a touch screen that is .2 inches smaller than the iPhone's screen. It has a webkit browser, whch is the same engine running most mobile browsers now. I have BB Travel, which I find invaluable for all my travel needs. It has BB Traffic, which is a FREE turn-by-turn voice GPS. I have BBM, which lets me communicate with my business colleagues. Its sips data, so when I am traveling abroad, I only have to use up around 50MB of international data to keep costs down. It has BB News, for all my RSS needs. It has Facebook and Twitter for my social networking. And the few apps I actually need are either available, or the same functionality is available via mobile web. I don't care if it doesn't have the biggest screen or fastest processor. It is good enough for me.

I know this was a bit of a rant, but I am coming back around to the topic: Sales reps don't push what the user needs. They push what is popular, or what Corporate tells tehm to push. When I switched to ATT from T-Mobile, I went into the store and started speaking to a rep. Little did he know that I was informed, but I told him point blank that email was the most important thing to me and that I travel internationally for business and need somethign that will not use a lot of data. He said to me, buy an iPhone. I said, what about the data while I am roaming?, and he replied, you can turn it off. THen I said, I've researched the iPhone, and it doesn't do some things I want it to do. He then said get an ANdroid phone. I asked about BB. He said it wouldn't do what I want it to do that wel, and that they were going out of business. What an . An informed consumer is what is necessary, and anybody who buys somethign without researching deserves what they get.
    Last edited by sjsplaty; 12-23-11 at 08:03 AM.
    12-23-11 08:00 AM
    I had the same experience at TMobile when I purchased the 9810. The rep I always have gone to for the past 5 years was the one who told me not buy a BB. That they would be out of business by next year. I told him he had no idea what he was talking about and that I loved the BB experience over Android. I was actually kind of angry when I left because I couldn't believe that RIM and BB was being trashed in a TMobile store. They should cater to the customer and its a BB they want then they need to try and sell the BB and its capabilities.
    12-23-11 08:08 AM
    I went to a verizon kiosk at the mall today. I picked up the 9930 and he asked if I needed help with anything. I asked if he had any idea when they would get the 9850. He said "Don't know." "Blackberry is a dying breed and won't be around much longer" He proceeded to tell me that the new upgrade is junk and the browser is still terrible. Android phones have 660,000 apps available and most are free, while blackberry app world has 300-400 apps and you have to pay for them. I asked if I were to consider buying an android what was comparable. He basically said nothing is, blackberry is just not a good phone. I asked him if Verizon was going to continue carrying blackberry and he said he didn't know. He said that BB was number one in sales in 2008-and beginning of '09. I said wasn't that just 2 years ago. He said yeah but as soon as Android came along they became the top seller. He said there were 28 android phones available and just a few blackberries. I asked what about when qnx phones come out. He said we dont even carry the playbook. All the major carriers denied the playbook. We went on to talk about bb compared to android as far as battery life and he said that its hard to say. He said his android lasts three days. Anyways, just interesting to see what kind of sales promotion Verizon gives out. It did make me wonder if i should consider other phones instead of sticking with bb.
    I just walked into my local VZW store the other day and picked up a Torch 9850 to replace my Droid2. The rep actually said it was a great device... and it has not disappointed. I cant put the phone down, the 9850 HW and OS7 are both fantastic.
    12-23-11 09:29 AM
    I had the same experience at TMobile when I purchased the 9810. The rep I always have gone to for the past 5 years was the one who told me not buy a BB. That they would be out of business by next year. I told him he had no idea what he was talking about and that I loved the BB experience over Android. I was actually kind of angry when I left because I couldn't believe that RIM and BB was being trashed in a TMobile store. They should cater to the customer and its a BB they want then they need to try and sell the BB and its capabilities.
    Yeah T-mobile and Verizon are really bias towards Androids.
    I mean their main line up consist of Androids. All the Verizon top
    phones are Android LTE.
    AT&T and Sprint on the other hand still push Blackberry's equally
    as Android/iPhones.
    Going to go with a phone that is actually up with current technology when I buy it instead of one that is several generations behind everyone else.
    Its all up to the users need to determine what Technology they need.
    I don't need games or front facing camera on my phone.
    I work in a AT&T store I have my choice of Changing device any time
    I feel like doing so and also have to play with the devices a lot to get to
    know them. I have used the Torch line for over a year now without
    even considering a Android or Iphone.
    I'm not bias either with the customers I push the phone I feel meets their
    needs.
    12-23-11 09:46 AM
    01-07-12 05:14 AM
    thats the thing with sale reps they want you to not return the product but most of them go about this in the wrong way. most reps will sell you what everyone else has. they will sell you the most popular phone on the market and hope your a good little sheep and stick with it even if its not what you need.

as a MGR in retail for three years before coming back home to The North that was one thing i did not allow in my stores. you find a product that fits the person. doesn't matter if its 10$ or 100$. the customer will come back again and again if you are helpful and they are happy with their item then if you sell them the most expensive/popular thing and they end up hating it. true they might not return it but what are the chances they will comes back to you...
    01-07-12 05:44 AM
    ...by which time it will already be outdated by the competition.... Going to go with a phone that is actually up with current technology when I buy it instead of one that is several generations behind everyone else.
    i agree with those two lines very much so. i have said this a few times on here. Im a FanBoy and always will be but it is true they they need to step up the specs of the BB10 if they want the US social market back. there are so many phones out right now that have the same stuff that the BB10s are rumored to have and they are are he 500$ mark and knowing RIM they will make the new BB10s 600$. so save 100$ and get a new spec phone, people are going to jump right on that.
    01-07-12 05:51 AM
    what you gonna do when 6 core cpu phones come out a year later?

now your android phone u just bought is outta date too. better start saving up to buy battery packs lol

personally i'm not buying a phone til they hit 10 cores. a phone with less just doesn't seem good enough for me...

/sarcasm
    01-07-12 08:08 AM
    I went to a verizon kiosk at the mall today. I picked up the 9930 and he asked if I needed help with anything. I asked if he had any idea when they would get the 9850. He said "Don't know." "Blackberry is a dying breed and won't be around much longer" He proceeded to tell me that the new upgrade is junk and the browser is still terrible. Android phones have 660,000 apps available and most are free, while blackberry app world has 300-400 apps and you have to pay for them.
    People are being pushed to iOS & Android for reasons which benefit the carriers. Do you think these devices are being pushed on consumers because Verizon genuinely "cares" about our experience? Here are a couple to start...

1. Data - Now that caps are in place, a Google, iOS, LTE device translates to higher data usage and ultimately more revenue for the Verizon. Subscribers may not realize this but the devices are an extension of the cloud and are constantly sending and receiving data, often as a background process that isn't initiated by or adding any value for the subscriber.

2. Marketing - Android and iOS are the perfect platform for mobile marketing. The carriers are creating a mobile marketing ecosystem and monetizing it at the subscribers expense. Welcome to the future.

I love my 9850 and... my old Android phone is on Craigs List for anyone interested.
    01-07-12 08:49 AM
    what you gonna do when 6 core cpu phones come out a year later?

now your android phone u just bought is outta date too. better start saving up to buy battery packs lol

personally i'm not buying a phone til they hit 10 cores. a phone with less just doesn't seem good enough for me...

/sarcasm
    Sarcasm aside...I think he's actually referring to some of the devices like what ASUS is coming out with which is a quad core but has a fifth core built specifically to run when docked into a laptop. What will be nice is these will be much more power efficient (meaning battery life will be better) in that only when X number of cores are needed will they be engaged. Well, in a very small nutshell anyway. So as the quad core devices come out, they will actually be better on battery life than a lot of teh dual core devices we have now. With a dual core right now, I'm getting in the 8 hour battery life with multiple accounts synced, gaming, texting, calling, music streaming, etc etc. But even when I was using BBs, I could never get a day out of my phone since I use them so heavily.
    Sandman333 likes this.
    01-07-12 11:44 AM
    I turned my IPhone 4S back into Sprint this afternoon after leaving my 9650. I had it for exactly 13 days. Rep could not believe I wanted to go back to BB and told me I was downgrading my equipment, that RIM would not support the 9930 and OS7 when the new phones were out, etc. Asked what I did not like about the 4S and I told him - battery sucks, it's weight, apps that you have to close twice and I am not a gamer. Why do I need so many apps when I can just get the web page. We talked about the PB and he began to make negative comments and I hammered him with what I can do on mine. I walked out with a new 9930 and feel like I am home again.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-07-12 04:54 PM
    Sales reps get a little extra from Google for each Android phone they sell. I know Apple doesn't do this and I suspect RIM doesn't either.

Now that Microsoft is also going to be sweetening the pot for those who sell their phones (i.e. spiffs) it will be interesting to see if WP7 phones start getting pushed more heavily.
    cgull likes this.
    01-07-12 07:00 PM
191 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD