Yeah. I'd have set him straight by pointing out that the new Bold 9930 has an average rating of 5 stars on the Verizon wireless site. The only other device that does is the white refurb iPhone 4.
    Odd, I would not have expected the Bold to out-rate the iPhone.
    09-04-11 07:49 PM
    verizon seems to do that. Two years ago i was looking to make the switch from att to verizon and the guy didnt even want to talk to me about the blackberries they had in stock. Needless to say, i went somewhere else (sprint) and i am very happy.
    09-04-11 07:56 PM
    Actually....the Government too. I work for a particular agency and it appears as of iOS 5, we will be switching to the iPhone and possibly iPad. Just waiting a few email security features!
    09-04-11 08:18 PM
    That would be certification. It isn't there for iOS yet. Cannot put a non certified platform behind firewalls. Sandboxed, sure. Within the network, it does not meet requirements.
    09-04-11 08:55 PM
    There must be an Android cult because I went to a TMO store and I was treated like a complete moron for my interest in a 9900, by a pimple faced troll who has probable never seen the sunshine on his skin or a live naked woman he wasn't paying. Because of that unpleasant encounter and TMO screwing up my upgrade eligibility, I pulled the nuclear option and demanded that I be given the opportunity to pay the $200 ETF, end the contract and part ways forever. These AWFUL so-called "sales reps" are p**sing off the affluent, loyal, established customers who can always be counted on to pay our bills on time every month. Every carrier should send secret shoppers into stores to find out just how bad this problem really is. It doesn't make sense in business to pay wages to people to send away customers over some silly fanboy agenda???

So the bottom line? They gave me a Bold 9900 for $50 to just to keep me from cancelling. Here's the story...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/index31.html
    Neely2005 likes this.
    09-04-11 08:59 PM
    I went to a verizon kiosk at the mall today. I picked up the 9930 and he asked if I needed help with anything. I asked if he had any idea when they would get the 9850. He said "Don't know." "Blackberry is a dying breed and won't be around much longer" He proceeded to tell me that the new upgrade is junk and the browser is still terrible. Android phones have 660,000 apps available and most are free, while blackberry app world has 300-400 apps and you have to pay for them. I asked if I were to consider buying an android what was comparable. He basically said nothing is, blackberry is just not a good phone. I asked him if Verizon was going to continue carrying blackberry and he said he didn't know. He said that BB was number one in sales in 2008-and beginning of '09. I said wasn't that just 2 years ago. He said yeah but as soon as Android came along they became the top seller. He said there were 28 android phones available and just a few blackberries. I asked what about when qnx phones come out. He said we dont even carry the playbook. All the major carriers denied the playbook. We went on to talk about bb compared to android as far as battery life and he said that its hard to say. He said his android lasts three days. Anyways, just interesting to see what kind of sales promotion Verizon gives out. It did make me wonder if i should consider other phones instead of sticking with bb.
    He gave you good advice. Get the Blackberry only if you like 15+ minute boot times, having to do battery pulls multiple times every day because the response time for each button press is measured in minutes, and missing calls because the phone is so laggy that they go to voice mail before you can get it to respond. I hate my Blackberry and can't wait to dump this POS for Android this December when I'm eligible to upgrade. Never again will I use a BB. Bye Bye RIM- you are stuck in the dark ages of technology. Everyone has passed you by and your sales show it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were out of business within two years.
    09-04-11 08:59 PM
    Well yes that's true but the problem is iPhone doesn't have those juicy enterprise features which others have.
    Which features are those exactly? Perhaps you're thinking of the iPhone as it was two years ago?
    09-04-11 09:02 PM
    That's *#!*!*. They may 'allow' it for phone calls, maybe e-mails, but no way an iPhone can handle secure data in a way, a good IT-department will allow!
    Look, I love my 9900 but this is fiction. Most corporate environments will and probably should support the iPhone for connectivity.

What security exactly do 99% of corporate environments require that the iPhone lacks these days?

Policy enforcement? Check.
    Remote wipe? Check.
    Encrypted data transmission? Check.

Two years ago? Sure. But not now.
    09-04-11 09:06 PM
    Now, due to popular demand by aides, the White House is moving to incorporate Apple devices into its daily routine. Last month, the information technology office launched a pilot program for the Executive Office of the President that allows Apple-loving staffers to access their official email accounts on their iPads and iPhones through a secure connection, a White House official told POLITICO. The pilot program is expected to run through mid-fall, the official said.
    The iPresident - Amie Parnes and Kim Hart - POLITICO.com
    09-04-11 09:16 PM
    He gave you good advice. Get the Blackberry only if you like 15+ minute boot times, having to do battery pulls multiple times every day because the response time for each button press is measured in minutes, and missing calls because the phone is so laggy that they go to voice mail before you can get it to respond. I hate my Blackberry and can't wait to dump this POS for Android this December when I'm eligible to upgrade. Never again will I use a BB. Bye Bye RIM- you are stuck in the dark ages of technology. Everyone has passed you by and your sales show it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were out of business within two years.
    I really hope this was meant to be a funny post that missed the mark.
    because if it isn't it is even more uneducated and miss informed than those that say iPhones are just for games.

my 9900 boots in about 90 seconds now that I have all my required apps and emails linked to it. and I've done 2 battery pulls since purchasing it on August 9th. I've not missed a call, due to the phone being laggy, though I have had lag issues,
    09-04-11 09:16 PM
    If I went into a big red,big blue or tmo store and already use a bb and they try to steer me to the i-novelty and. Fauxroid,I would just take my bb out of my holster and hold it up to their faces and ask:any questions?then walkout.if I have a bb I will buy another bb,don't try to steer me away from bb just because you get more commission for selling the I-novelty and toyroid fones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 09:18 PM
    Look, I love my 9900 but this is fiction. Most corporate environments will and probably should support the iPhone for connectivity.

What security exactly do 99% of corporate environments require that the iPhone lacks these days?

Policy enforcement? Check.
    Remote wipe? Check.
    Encrypted data transmission? Check.

Two years ago? Sure. But not now.
    Can Policy enforcement prevent jail breaking?
    I honestly don't know the answer.
    Also can one use an iPhone without an iTunes ID?
    09-04-11 09:18 PM
    I really hope this was meant to be a funny post that missed the mark.
    because if it isn't it is even more uneducated and miss informed than those that say iPhones are just for games.

my 9900 boots in about 90 seconds now that I have all my required apps and emails linked to it. and I've done 2 battery pulls since purchasing it on August 9th. I've not missed a call, due to the phone being laggy, though I have had lag issues,
    I'm not laughing at all. This is my experience. I've had 2 blackberries and never will I have another. I'm tired of the multiple battery pulls every day. I'm tired of pushing a button on the phone and then setting my sun dial to see when it will respond. I'm tired of missing calls because the phone won't respond when I try to answer them. I'm tired of waiting for promised phones and operating systems that should have been out years ago and are still just vapoware. My wife has a cheap LG Android and it's light years ahead of my BB in terms of usability. RIM can get bent. The entire smart phone world has passed them by and they are falling further behind every single day.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-04-11 09:26 PM
    I'm not laughing at all. This is my experience. I've had 2 blackberries and never will I have another. I'm tired of the multiple battery pulls every day. I'm tired of pushing a button on the phone and then setting my sun dial to see when it will respond. I'm tired of missing calls because the phone won't respond when I try to answer them. I'm tired of waiting for promised phones and operating systems that should have been out years ago and are still just vapoware. My wife has a cheap LG Android and it's light years ahead of my BB in terms of usability. RIM can get bent. The entire smart phone world has passed them by and they are falling further behind every single day.
    I hope you find a phone that meets your needs, if from your Profile the Storm is your basis for BlackBerry displeasure, that is like Judging the quality of Canadian Beef by eating Beef jerky.

as someone who lives using my mobile devices as my office is my pocket and my customers cross time zones, the BlackBerry is the device of choice by myself and the majority of the people in my industry because it is the only product that consistently works for long periods of time.
    09-04-11 09:30 PM
    I hope you find a phone that meets your needs, if from your Profile the Storm is your basis for BlackBerry displeasure, that is like Judging the quality of Canadian Beef by eating Beef jerky.

as someone who lives using my mobile devices as my office is my pocket and my customers cross time zones, the BlackBerry is the device of choice by myself and the majority of the people in my industry because it is the only product that consistently works for long periods of time.
    That analogy about Canadian beef, and beef jerky makes me want to test that theory out in the immediate future

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    09-04-11 09:34 PM
    That analogy about Canadian beef, and beef jerky makes me want to test that theory out in the immediate future

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Go Alberta Beef, they do it beautifully out west!

Compare the Home made Jerky (Storm) to a Nice Rib eye steak (9900)
    09-04-11 09:36 PM
    Sandman, dude, you're more out-of-date than RIM! Dude, try a 9930. 30-45 second boot times,instant response from buttons, keyboard is the best there has ever been on ANY mobile, and the OS is pretty strong. Only 2 battery pulls for me in the past few weeks.

09-05-11 12:59 AM
    Yeah, well I only get a new phone every two years with Verizon. Either way, a QNX phone STILL is not out and RIM is just plain non-competitive in the app market. Its not just games (which I don't care about), its every day productivity. My bank has apps for instant access to my accounts for iPhone and Android, but none and no plans to make any for BB. That's far more common than not. RIM is stuck in the past and dying slowly.

Last edited by Sandman333; 09-05-11 at 01:31 AM.
    09-05-11 01:23 AM
    The browser absolutely sucks. Ever try to precisely select some text to copy/paste? Its total frustration as the web page jumps around all over the freaking place. Same with simply trying to scroll through some web sites. After a while you just give up.

Problem is RIM and the carriers quickly abandon phones and then you are like me, stuck with old barely functional junk. Android and iPhone keep getting updates.

How many more years before RIM markets a QNX phone? How many generations will it be behind the competition then?

Last edited by Sandman333; 09-05-11 at 01:33 AM.
    09-05-11 01:29 AM
    Can you take payments yet with BlackBerry?
    My company has been taking payments on BlackBerry for about 2 years now.

Do they have mobile hotspots?
    Take a look at BlackBerry Mobile HotSpot and tethering for OS 6.1 | CrackBerry.com

For someone who spends their life on this site, you sure seem to have missed a lot. Keep trying though.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    09-05-11 03:22 AM
    *discretion being the better part of valour, walks away from the thread shaking her head*
    09-05-11 04:47 AM
    WellsFargo app for the 9700 works good.
    Doesn't do me any good, as I don't bank there.
    09-05-11 04:48 AM
    Sandman,
    Get your Android and don't look back! There is no comparison. I'm sure the new Bold Touch is a great phone...for a BlackBerry. You'll not get support here.

But you can do so much more on Android. It's very different and efficient.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-05-11 at 06:27 AM.
    09-05-11 06:19 AM
    FWIW, the reps in my Verizon store were pretty geeked about the 9930 on the day that their initial demo unit arrived.
    09-05-11 06:21 AM
    My company has been taking payments on BlackBerry for about 2 years now.

Take a look at BlackBerry Mobile HotSpot and tethering for OS 6.1 | CrackBerry.com

For someone who spends their life on this site, you sure seem to have missed a lot. Keep trying though.
    I haven't been on here in six months. My join date Is 3 years ago. I had BlackBerry then and kept up.

I was asking a question...not saying blackBerry didn't have those things.

You seem to take questions as an attack. I also asked if RIM made an audible turn by turn app yet, integrated into Maps.

Those are the details that would make me switch back, if BlackBerry got them.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-05-11 at 06:41 AM.
    09-05-11 06:21 AM
191 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD