I cant seem to get a straight answer on this question. I have a Verizon Curve and I am looking for a nav program that I can enter latitude and longitude coordinates as well as addresses. Does anyone know if this is possible with VZ nav or any other third party program?

Thanks
    08-18-08 01:33 AM
    There is another thread on this subforum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/app...ut-maps-20979/

It may be what you are looking for...
    08-18-08 11:56 AM
    There is another thread on this subforum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/app...ut-maps-20979/

It may be what you are looking for...
    But the app we are creating in there only takes coordinates as input, not addresses.

I think google maps accepts both.
    08-18-08 01:31 PM
    I cant seem to get a straight answer on this question. I have a Verizon Curve and I am looking for a nav program that I can enter latitude and longitude coordinates as well as addresses. Does anyone know if this is possible with VZ nav or any other third party program?

Thanks
    Nav4All will do that
    08-18-08 05:58 PM
    This may be a dumb question but, where can I get Nav4all?
    08-19-08 12:26 AM
    The above mentioned thread is one I have explored but it does not work on verizon. Thats why I left that thread and started this one.
    08-19-08 12:27 AM
    I don't know about nav4all working like this.

There is an issue in some gps programs that can route you from one place to another. If the lat/long is not very close or directly on a road, the software cannot function since the system they use uses roads that are linked to one another and generally attach ADDRESSES to those roads. So a naked lat/long may not (to use computer speak) compute. Or they make take an entire "as the crow flies" route and not use roads at all.
    08-19-08 08:38 AM
    Also, since you specifically asked about Verizon Nav, I'll assume you mean on a Verizon phone. If so, then only Verizon Nav will work with the internal GPS. You'll have to have a GPS puck to get the other programs to work.
    08-19-08 10:11 AM
    I don't know about nav4all working like this.

There is an issue in some gps programs that can route you from one place to another. If the lat/long is not very close or directly on a road, the software cannot function since the system they use uses roads that are linked to one another and generally attach ADDRESSES to those roads. So a naked lat/long may not (to use computer speak) compute. Or they make take an entire "as the crow flies" route and not use roads at all.
    I do use Nav4All. I gave it a good try this past week while camping. i found for example i can get my coordinates and store it as a flag, then save as a fav. I can then go to another function with in Nav and walk to that saved spot. This part of the program has nothing to do with roads. I haven't tried to enter in coordinates yet and see what happens. I'll maybe give it a try some day.
    08-19-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD