I have carried cell phones for many years now BUT I am completely new to GPS, so forgive my ignorance if this question is too easily answered.

Because we can completely wipe the 8330 device and install a different providers OS but the GPS remains locked wouldn't that mean that the Verizon GPS is physically locked out and not by software/OS?

Thanks for reading!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 06:56 PM
    It's a long read, but everything you need to know about the Verizon GPS is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/gps...0-update-1279/
    09-18-08 10:58 PM
    Thank you Jeff , your advice is invaluable to me......I better get started

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 11:07 PM
    to summarize briefly: YES. your phone is Firmware locked. There is no way to remove the lock without destroying functionality of the phone. Isn't verizon nice?
    09-21-08 04:35 AM
    to summarize briefly: YES. your phone is Firmware locked. There is no way to remove the lock without destroying functionality of the phone. Isn't verizon nice?
    No there not!!!!!...lol
    09-21-08 07:32 AM
    Surely someone out here is smart enough to resolve this locked GPS issue for us all... when we purchase a device does it not become prroperty of the purchaser, allowing the purchaser to use and or modify the device anyway the purchaser sees fit.
    09-21-08 12:44 PM
    Surely someone out here is smart enough to resolve this locked GPS issue for us all...
    Read the thread I posted in Post #2. You can see what's been done, and what remains. Some very smart people continue to work on it.
    09-21-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD