hey ive searched for awhile and i found alot of information and some works and some doesnt soo for the verizon curve 8330 is there anyother turn by turn gps besides vznav. I no google maps works now but it really only shows you directions doesnt constantly update and follow you
    12-29-09 06:46 PM
    No. That's all that available for turn by turn audible navigation for VZW 8330.

If you have OS 4.5 or higher you can use BlackBerry Maps to get written directions, and the map will track you as you drive. But it's not audible turn by turn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 06:51 PM
    short answer..no. at least to my knowledge. a recurring theme in these threads is that BBMaps is the ONLY app in which GPS can be utilized. thats it...well besides VZNavigator. But if you find something out let me know
    12-29-09 06:53 PM
    It is possible to buy an external GPS puck and use that with Garmin Mobile or another GPS app. i've never done that personally, but know someone who has.

12-29-09 06:58 PM
    You can try Nav4All at nav4all.com

It has a Go to function with voice indications, it was a little slow but you can try it, but definetly don't expect too much from the 8330's GPS
    12-29-09 07:16 PM
    yea it doesnt have to be voice just i would like it to "follow me" if you will.. I had an env and a voyager before my bb and there was a simple hack that i used to get vz nav for free. so if vznaz is my only choice really anyone know of a blackberry hack 4 it?
    12-30-09 06:46 PM
    I believe VZ Nav is something you must pay for each month. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. Respectfully speaking, as far as asking for a "hack", you don't do that here. That's not what crackberry.com is about and I don't need to hear from anyone else to tell you that is true. No asking for illegal stuff here. Everyone on CB wants to help you get the most out of your phone by helping explain what you don't understand or pointing out shortcuts. NO ONE deals in "hacks". Sorry.
    12-30-09 07:05 PM
    I used the Bing search app and it gave me excellent turn by turn directions! And its free!

12-30-09 08:47 PM
    Are the Bing search app direction have voice?
    03-25-10 12:18 PM
    What does that question have to do with this thread?
    03-25-10 12:22 PM
    Some one asked if VZnav can be cracked and the answer was no. The poster mention that he like the voice feature. People are offering different suggestions, including Bing. So I decide to ask if bing app have voice.
    03-25-10 12:39 PM
    "you don't do that here"

"I don't need to hear from anyone else to tell you that is true"

"NO ONE deals in "hacks"

"What does that question have to do with this thread?"

And to think some people just kick their dog when they are in need of an authority fix.
    03-25-10 02:56 PM
    Correct, VZ navigator is $9.99/month.

03-25-10 03:09 PM
    Correct, VZ navigator is $9.99/month.

Or $2.99/day.

You have to remember to cancel the subscription though, or once you go past three days, they will charge the flat rate $9.99 for the month.
    03-25-10 03:14 PM
    Yes, that too . That's a good option to have!

03-25-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD