I bought a verizon 9650, unlocked it, and insert my SIM card (other provider) on it. It connected to the provider, show in the top 3G, everything works great, except data (browser, facebook, etc). If I go to HRT it's empty, if I click in "Register Now" it says request send, but never send me the notification back saying registered. I suppose the frequency is ok, because it says 3G on top. Any idea?
    06-12-12 06:46 AM
    You will need to carry over your carriers service books to the 9650 ... Please see our blog for instructions.

Thanks,
    El Cid likes this.
    06-12-12 10:08 PM
    This is a problem for me. I bought this BlackBerry on the ebay and is was used in the Verizon. Bought the unlock code from unlockUsa. The goal was replace my other Blackberry that is not so good (there some keys failing), but that works all resource (email, browse, and everything), but it's not from Verizon. So when I removed the SIM card from my old blackberry and insert on this one it is not registering for data and browsing, but is working for voice, sms. Calling the carrier from SIM card didn't have good help because they say that the problem is with the Blackberry, and I cannot have help from Verizon because I'm not their customer.
    06-13-12 10:27 AM
    You do not need to contact Verizon. Backup your old BB and you can transfer over the services books from the backup file.
    06-13-12 11:11 AM
    Forgot to say before, already did that, continue not registering, It appear 3G on top but NOT show the BB logo neither received that message from Blackberry that says "Registration", your handheld ....
    06-13-12 12:23 PM
    Does it say activation required?
    06-13-12 02:27 PM
    No, when I go to Host Routing Table, it is empty, if I choose "Register Now", it says "Registration message sent", but never returns the Registration message (the one that appear like a email) from Blackberry back, and Host Routing Table stay empty.
    06-13-12 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD