The Verge hating on Samsung and other Android Manufacturers strangely praised BlackBerry for putting Security before Specs.

"In an ideal world, Google's Android partners would all be doing what BlackBerry is"

Google's security audit of the Galaxy S6 Edge illustrates Android's vulnerability | The Verge

Check out the last paragraph, I didn't want to post it all.
    11-04-15 10:03 AM
    To be honest, I'm not sure if the author understands what BlackBerry is securing ...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-04-15 10:16 AM
    Your right about that, BlackBerry hasn't even proven itself in the Android market yet, there just going by the BlackBerry Marketing.

I guess that's why there such Apple fans.
    11-04-15 10:52 AM
    Honestly this site will use any brand as a strawman argument to bash another brand that isn't apple. Their only loyalty is to whats hot in their hipster world in brooklyn.....its a delusional bubble they live in.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    TopFit and Lusitano17 like this.
    11-04-15 11:30 AM
    Ron Louks said in the recent interview: "Our approach to Android customization is focused on security, privacy and productivity. You will not see us experimenting heavily with the native Android theme unless it is in support of those things. "

That means no insecure OEM bloatware for the Priv.

The Verge is correct.
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-04-15 05:17 PM
    So can we like the Verge or not, I'm confused.
    11-04-15 05:24 PM
    Ron Louks said in the recent interview: "Our approach to Android customization is focused on security, privacy and productivity. You will not see us experimenting heavily with the native Android theme unless it is in support of those things. "

The Verge is correct.
    And... don't forget, quick updates with as little modifications as needed! :-D

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    11-04-15 05:38 PM
    And... don't forget, quick updates with as little modifications as needed! :-D

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    Oh, and the "hardened Linux kernel with numerous patches and configuration changes to improve security".

Even with CyanogenMod you won't get that.
    11-05-15 04:05 AM

The Verge is correct.
    So get a Nexus? lol

In all seriousness, security is something I don't doubt can be tackled; it's that whole Google Services and privacy thing that they have to worry about, but I don't view things based on paper. It's all about real world performance and we will see if the Priv is up to task. I'll just be over in the corner waiting on the Passport fire sale.
    11-05-15 04:28 AM
    What would Jesus do?
    11-05-15 04:34 AM
    So get a Nexus? lol
    Yeah, that will be one of the big questions, and I look forward to the market response.

Is the hardware (performance) of alternatives like the Nexus on par with the Priv?
    Does the PKB score?

It's not all about the additional security this time.
    11-05-15 04:38 AM
    Yeah, that will be one of the big questions, and I look forward to the market response.

Is the hardware (performance) of alternatives like the Nexus on par with the Priv?
    Does the PKB score?

It's not all about the additional security this time.
    Exactly. Looking at this realistically.

*The root crowd will not look at this because I don't believe they care about security/privacy. If you need proof, root on Lollipop required some SELinux policies to be set to permissive so root was obtained on startup. Convenience trumped security.
    *Those who do not care about PKB will not care about this device

Truthfully, the device has to WOW the masses. Can it do that or not, who knows, but time will tell.
    11-05-15 04:54 AM
    I say No, they are to inconsistent unless there an i in front of it.
    11-05-15 10:10 AM