My Curve was slowing down a bit, so I recently purchased a media card. Thus I wanted to delete the ringtones I had downloaded from tuneusin.com off my phone, to free up even more space. Problem is they won't delete. Another problem is that after deleting some applications the icon still shows up on the home screen and I can't get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
    04-01-09 06:26 PM
    You should restart the phone after de-installing applications...
    04-01-09 06:29 PM
    I did restart the phone after unintalling the apps, and it didn't remove the icons, but it did remove the application.
    04-01-09 06:30 PM
    Some of the icons are pushed via your service books, and will keep returning as you re-boot. Take them, create a folder on your desktop, and drag the offending icons to the folder and drop them in. Now hide the folder, outa sight outa mind.

Have you done a battery pull and then tried to delete your ringtones?

Ok, battery pull question answered. You were typing at the same time I was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-01-09 at 06:33 PM.
    04-01-09 06:30 PM
    What application are you talking about that still shows - some will always show and can only be hidden since they are pushed to the phone via service books.

After deletion of the ringtones and the battery pull did that issue get resolved?
    04-01-09 06:31 PM
    Uh, OP said they restarted, but nada on BP.

Need to pull the battery if you haven't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 06:34 PM
    Yes I've pulled out the batter and then tried to delete the ringtones, and they were still there. The "delete" feature comes up, but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the application icon idea though.
    04-01-09 06:35 PM
    When you pull the battery make sure the phone is on then pull it out for 30 seconds.
    04-01-09 06:36 PM
    Aright this is really weird. I went though and hit the delete button on every ringtone, and they were still there. Upon doing a bp, the ringtones were all gone when I turned it back on. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys, I appreciate it.
    04-01-09 06:43 PM
    Aright this is really weird. I went though and hit the delete button on every ringtone, and they were still there. Upon doing a bp, the ringtones were all gone when I turned it back on. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys, I appreciate it.
    Aye it happens quite a bit when you delete them from the phone, the solution is the battery pull. Glad all is resolved.......
    04-01-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD