Hi All!

So, both my girlfriend and I each have our own Tour phone. Prior to the v5.0.0.591 upgrade, both of us were able to Bluetooth pair to our 2007 BMW 328i (obviously, not simultaneously).

Both of us upgraded to v5.0.0.591, and now, she can still pair perfectly to the car without any issues when she drives alone, but I have problems when I drive alone: My phone connects, disconnects, reconnects, disconnects, etc., over and over and over. I can't make a call anymore. I can only assume this is a new software bug.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to fix it?

Thanks so much!

Steve
    05-02-10 08:30 PM
    Given all the problems associated with 5.0.0.591, I'd recommend you either drop back to an earlier 5.0 or install the newest leaked version, available from here: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. For disclaimers, see the Leak Blog on the CB Blog page.
    05-02-10 09:27 PM
    I have experienced issues after the 5.0 Verizon OS update with Bluetooth randomly turning itself off on my phone, particularly when it wakes up after the "auto on/off" function. Is the Bluetooth icon continuing to stay on when it's exhibiting this weird behavior in your car? I have a 2008 BMW 135i and I noticed no difference in its behavior in my car, as long as Bluetooth is on, after the OS update. Of course, we don't have my husband's BB paired to my car as well, so the car is only paired to my BB. Maybe someone at the BMW dealership could assist you, or you might try deleting the phone from your car and then pairing it to the car again. That must be frustrating - hope you get it straightened out!
    05-03-10 06:07 AM
    I can't even get my Tour to enable bluetooth. Sucks because I depend on my bluetooth for talking to my boyfriend who lives on the other side of the country during my commute to work. Wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the cell phone driving laws...

When are we going to get a decent OS? I'm considering getting the HTC Droid Eris and saying to **** with BB, as much as I love them.
    05-03-10 07:47 PM
    What OS are you running? 5.0.0.591 has many problems. Bluetooth works with 4.7.1.61, and probably with other versions of 5.0 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 08:08 PM
    JeffH: Thank you so much for these tips! I intend to try as soon as I have the time, and will post my results after.

golfgal: I did delete and re-pair, but no luck. I'm hoping that JeffH's solution will be the fix. Thanks though!

ShiningStar715: Have you tried JeffH's solution? Any luck for you?

Thanks again,

Steve
    05-03-10 10:38 PM
    Hi All. I actually downloaded a new version of the OS (I think?) through normal updates, and things seem to be working slightly better now. I'll post again if anything changes. Thanks again!
    05-09-10 05:42 PM
    I can't even get my Tour to enable bluetooth. Sucks because I depend on my bluetooth for talking to my boyfriend who lives on the other side of the country during my commute to work. Wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the cell phone driving laws...

When are we going to get a decent OS? I'm considering getting the HTC Droid Eris and saying to **** with BB, as much as I love them.
    I seem to have a problem with turning blue tooth on if my tour has been on for a few days... Usually i do a battery pull and then bluetooth works again...im running .643
    05-09-10 09:25 PM
    Jeff thanks for that information, However the site doesn"t work
    maybe you know one that does so we can download the leak
    05-10-10 07:17 AM
    Jeff thanks for that information, However the site doesn't work maybe you know one that does so we can download the leak
    Sorry; I see that the megaupload link is invalid. Try the sticky at the top of this forum. It has the latest Sprint release.
    05-10-10 07:49 AM
    Use BBSAK or BBMCP, connect your phone and inject this bluetooth.cod file, restart the phone: https://www.box.net/shared/yh1vgix4p9

This is the bluetooth file from the past but based on our studies and research at BBHybrids.net, it's still the best all around performing bluetooth file around. Hopefully this resolves your BT issue. if not, let me know via PM, BBM or whatever, and i'll help get you through it.

I know this one works well as one of our users at BBH is on TMO and has a very finicky BT.
    05-10-10 08:48 AM
    Use BBSAK or BBMCP, connect your phone and inject this bluetooth.cod file, restart the phone: https://www.box.net/shared/yh1vgix4p9
    Careful when doing this. For whatever reason, any time I try to mess around with things like this I get APP ERROR 200's. Unless you are very comfortable messing around with your device, I'd go with a different OS entirely. Perhaps the new Sprint build or even the .643 leak.
    05-10-10 09:38 AM
    I just tried this and it didn't work. BT will turn on and off a few times but after the 4th/5th time it will not turn on again. I'm running .643 now but I've had the problem with the past few OS versions I've loaded (.591, .624 & .662). I'm not sure what the problem could be.
    05-10-10 09:54 AM
    Careful when doing this. For whatever reason, any time I try to mess around with things like this I get APP ERROR 200's. Unless you are very comfortable messing around with your device, I'd go with a different OS entirely. Perhaps the new Sprint build or even the .643 leak.
    Careful? What you don't think that hybrid builders such as myself, OOAKDPC, LYR or IRTEHUN aren't careful when building and releasing hybrids that contain any kind of files?

Injecting a single bluetooth file into the whole OS isn't going to fry it, it's either going to work or not work. Perhaps if you were more familiar with the process, as you said yourself, you have issues when doing it, you would know that.
    05-10-10 10:56 AM
    Hi helljack6: I downloaded that file you posted, but I'm not sure how to install it. Are you aware of any thread on this site with step-by-step instructions? Thanks!
    06-05-10 05:24 PM
    Hello again. Can anyone help with this? It's so frustrating. Thanks!
    06-20-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD