ok, so im sure the following is a scenario we`ve all been in at one time or another, and i`d love to see it sorted. as i say this covers all OS versions too.

as a new customer ya boot up ya BB, and you get all the setup screens, you sort the time, date and ll that stuff and all is great, then you hit that major stumbling block.

Setup Email! why is this a problem? well as i said we`ve all been there, click on it and it says enterprise only, not knowing you throw your email into the BES screen and get nothing (iv seen people saying they do this on alot of forums) except frustrated. so a call to your carrier later, they guide you thru the whole service book scenario, and your all up and running.

now thats not only a totally ineffiecent way to do things, but all the tech calls (yes i used to work for a major carrier) aint even nesseceary if the UX team do it right.

heres what i think they should do, make it so that on startup you get all the normal date and time stuff, then the phone puts you to the homescreen. WHEN (and not before) the service books arrive on the phone, a popup window opens (kinda like time does if ya dont set it) and asks if you`d like to set up an email. this way a user wont get the no service book issue, BB users wont get frustrated, and tech will get less calls. so its a win win all round.

while its not an issue i ever had personally, iv seen so many people fall at this hurdle, that having the OS set up in the way above (or at least something like that) would easily bypass.

wha do you think? should this be something RIM should work on? it is literally a `first impressions count` scenario.

p.s mods, i know this is OS based, but as its all OS`s didnt know where else to put it, move if you feel its better elsewhere
    Last edited by BBThemes; 12-24-10 at 12:29 PM.
    12-24-10 12:27 PM
    I've never encountered, nor heard of anyone encountering that particular scenario. Maybe because I'm on BIS? (your post refers to BES).

However, your solution to said scenario sounds very plausible.
    12-24-10 01:48 PM
    That's why there is the Setup Wiizard to help guide you through the fundamentals of everything blackberry. Third line down is Email Setup. Not to be an a*s*s, but I never had any issues. Luckily the setup wizard was the first place I went. And I'm on Sprint so I was required to provision the device first which most likely sent all service books before I attempted setting up email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 12-24-10 at 06:45 PM.
    12-24-10 04:39 PM
    I've never encountered, nor heard of anyone encountering that particular scenario. Maybe because I'm on BIS? (your post refers to BES).

However, your solution to said scenario sounds very plausible.
    no sorry i mean for BIS, if your quicker at doing the setup than the network is at sending you your service books, then you get this issue, the forums are literally packed with `iv only got enterprise email option` threads
    12-24-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD