So, I recently had connection problems with my 8530 and the UVerse wireless router. It was working great since January of this year, then the other day it wouldn't connect. Tried EVERYTHING! Went to the Uverse forums and noticed that others were having IP Address problems with their computers, pads etc.

The wifi issue was with uverse. Over the past couple of weeks, ATT has been pushing out firmware updates to their gateways (routers). Part of this update messes with ip addresses. Just got off the phone with uverse support. They said it's a "protection" feature. The phone tech support guy went in to my router and disabled this new "feature". Everything is now shiny!

If you recently started having trouble connecting through your UVerse wifi, I'd call support. Believe me, they are WELL aware of it and can fix it in under 5 minutes! At least they were very nice and helpful.

Just thought I'd share the info.
    08-25-10 08:26 PM
    whats the "feature's" name? because i too have been having this issue and i called our tech support and he just gave me a bunch of run around saying they dont work on cell phones and stuff but if i knew the name of the feature i could try and have that turned off, thanks in advance.
    09-01-10 02:33 AM
    whats the "feature's" name? because i too have been having this issue and i called our tech support and he just gave me a bunch of run around saying they dont work on cell phones and stuff but if i knew the name of the feature i could try and have that turned off, thanks in advance.
    i too am having the same prob. uverse techs could not fix it. i am almost to the point of hooking my old limsys router up and try to stay connected with that. any additional insight into this would be greatly appreciated
    09-11-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD