Hi

I have just returned from the USA after a month, I wanted to use the WiFi on the phone as where I was staying had free WiFi access I have a Blackberry 9700.

As I did not want to incur any data costs whilst abroad i turned off my data and also the option when roaming.

When I tried to access the Wifi on the phone it would not let me as it said that data must be turned on.

So the question here is how do I use the Wifi facility on my 9700 to check my emails online or the net and so on whilst not incurring a data cost which I would have done if the data option was turned on as it would have downloaded my emails to my blackberry over the phone rather than over WiFi.

Any help is appreciated for when I next go.

Thanks

Paul
    01-06-10 01:25 PM
    I think when you turn data on the phone off it turns data off completely your best bet is to deactivate the radio on the phone and use wi-fi
    01-06-10 01:40 PM
    I think when you turn data on the phone off it turns data off completely your best bet is to deactivate the radio on the phone and use wi-fi
    Do you mean going to "manage connections" and turning off the mobile network but leaving the wi-fi on?
    01-07-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD