I have a Tour and a Storm 2. I love my Storm so much, but recently through work I have had to send a TON more emails and texts from my phone that include non standard words and random numbers throughout. Anyways, its a pain on the Storm. I'm planning on going back to the Tour as my cell phone but keep most of my games on my Storm and other apps and just use it with WiFi like the iPod Touch.

What will work and what won't work? Can I expect most/all of my online apps to still work without a wireless contract?
    06-22-10 11:33 PM
    Chances are that none of them will work without a BB data plan on the device. Try em now, since you already have the device no harm, no foul.
    06-23-10 12:26 AM
    i have a storm 2 thats dissconnected and i can still use my browser(both the stock browser and opera) i can still use my facebook app, myspace, any radio app and can still send and recieve emails with my gmail address but not my actual blackberry email address
    06-23-10 01:11 AM
    Thanks pie. I like it for the browser and some of the apps but I don't need it with me all the time. I think I'm gonna switch back to the tour and keep my Storm as an iPod Touch like device. I miss my keyboard...
    06-23-10 10:52 AM
    I dont see why apps would not work with wifi only. If anything, its very easy to test it with the network completely off while wifi is on. Its the same idea as disconnecting it and using wifi for the apps alone.

Push e-mail of course wouldnt work, but web based e-mail of course should work
    06-23-10 03:08 PM
    Thanks pie. I like it for the browser and some of the apps but I don't need it with me all the time. I think I'm gonna switch back to the tour and keep my Storm as an iPod Touch like device. I miss my keyboard...
    no problem, i got pretty good at typing with my storm 2 but i have the new bold for tmobile now and it took me about a day to get used to typing on a actual keyboard but now im much better and faster typing on the actual keyboard then the touch screen. i think if they could combine the storm 2 and the 9700 that device would kill any other phone on the market lol
    06-23-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD