I know how to enable wifi, and I know that on other service providers it's possible, but I just read on the Complete Wifi How-To that:

Q: My carrier is ATT and I have a WiFi device. Why can I not connect using WiFi?

A: One possible reason why you cannot connect using WiFi is that ATT restricts WiFi use to devices with data plans only. If you do not have a data plan on your line, you will not be able to use WiFi to access data. Sorry for any inconvenience!
    So... does that mean that mean that since it's AT&T i can't use wifi since the data plan has a block on it? I'm buying a refurbished BB Curve 8900 on Amazon...

Thanks!
    07-05-10 10:10 PM
    just set the browser in options as a "hotspot" browser and it will work fine on wifi WITHOUT a data plan. I did this on my bold 900 and curve 8900.
    07-06-10 10:28 AM
    just set the browser in options as a "hotspot" browser and it will work fine on wifi WITHOUT a data plan. I did this on my bold 900 and curve 8900.

Cool thanks Just ordered a refurbished 8900 from Amazon... hope to god it works lol
    07-06-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD