alright so im getting a blackberry in a couple weeks and i wanted to know some answers before i purchase because sales reps dont understand anything, i wanted to know if i could go on the internet on my new BB without having a data plan im familiar with using the wifi feature to stream over personal or local wifi, i have yet to find a thread specific as to what i wanted, also is BBM blackberrys lets say version of safari (not making comparison, just example) and would i have to download opera instead so i dont get charged with using bbm over wifi or how does that work? please respond thanks a bunch
    11-18-11 01:36 PM
    BBM is RIMs version of iMessage. Don't think it'll work without a data plan. There's a built in web browser. You can use that or opera or whatever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 02:03 PM
    BBM is a BlackBerry only instant messenger and WILL NOT work without a data plan. Using the native browser over wi-fi works just fine, which you can use to download opera mini.

11-18-11 02:42 PM
    BBM is a BlackBerry only instant messenger and WILL NOT work without a data plan. Using the native browser over wi-fi works just fine, which you can use to download opera mini.

Take into consideration that unless the proper service books have been sent to the device previously, you may not be able to access the browser on the device upon startup. You would have to load Opera via DM.
    11-18-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD