Hiya,

Hoping someone can help - I've searched through but can't find a solution to my question.

I have a Curve 8520 on (UK) Orange pay monthly.

I don't have it set up to use abroad - they want a huge deposit as I haven't been a customer with them for very long.

My question is, if I do not have it set up for roaming, can I just use it to log on to wifi whilst abroad? So I can't make calls or send texts, but I assumed I could just use the internet on it?
    I took it away in November, hoping to log on to some free wifi and check emails etc but it didn't seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Many thanks
    04-05-11 01:41 AM
    On orange Settings then mobile network data services on while roaming off connection preference wifi only then advanced options location settings location services off Location aiding disableld while roaming Then save that's on a 8900 don't know if it's the same uma should then come up and should even be able to make calls as in the uk but check first need someone else to try let us know how you get on (if you have already picked up a local network you need to pull the battery and leave it for 15 mins or so before putting it back)
    Last edited by tecksquad; 05-02-11 at 03:06 AM.
    04-10-11 06:59 AM
    I've got a Verizon Blackberry Bold 9650. I'm from the US but I'm abroad in Greece right now and set my blackberry up so that it doesn't have international dialing enabled or a data plan but it should be able to connect to wifi. Up until a couple weeks ago, it has been working perfectly and I have been able to connect to the internet, receive emails and bbms without a problem. But recently the wifi has just stopped working. It'll say it's connected to the internet up at the top of the screen, but I haven't been able to actually connect to the internet, and none of the emails I'm receiving are showing up on my blackberry and I'm unable to send any emails/bbms. I've tried taking the battery out and rebooting it multiple times but nothing has worked.

Any ideas??
    04-12-11 03:49 AM
    Have you tried the above ?
    04-12-11 07:39 AM
    I've got a Verizon Blackberry Bold 9650. I'm from the US but I'm abroad in Greece right now and set my blackberry up so that it doesn't have international dialing enabled or a data plan but it should be able to connect to wifi. Up until a couple weeks ago, it has been working perfectly and I have been able to connect to the internet, receive emails and bbms without a problem. But recently the wifi has just stopped working. It'll say it's connected to the internet up at the top of the screen, but I haven't been able to actually connect to the internet, and none of the emails I'm receiving are showing up on my blackberry and I'm unable to send any emails/bbms. I've tried taking the battery out and rebooting it multiple times but nothing has worked.

Any ideas??
    I currently have the same problem. I have tried the above solution, but it hasn't helped. I have a pending software update from 5.0.0.601 to .1030 is that a possible reason for the problem?
    07-04-11 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD