Everyone,
    I'm new to the website. I currently have VZW with a basic env2 but looking to upgrade to a smartphone and am curious about blackberries. Anyone have any pros and cons of going bberry vs. the droids? I appreciate any feedback.
    12-13-10 03:52 PM
    How will you be using it mostly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 04:06 PM
    I struggle with a virtual keyboard, so for me a BlackBerry is just the ticket with its solid physical QWERTY keyboard. My Verizon 9650 Bold is drop-dead perfect for me. I have not used a Droid but by accounts the screen and Internet experience is superlative.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-13-10 08:23 PM
    Everyone,
    I'm new to the website. I currently have VZW with a basic env2 but looking to upgrade to a smartphone and am curious about blackberries. Anyone have any pros and cons of going bberry vs. the droids? I appreciate any feedback.
    If you are looking for a device for messaging primarily, go blackberry. If you want a device for media, web and apps...go droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 09:36 PM
    All good info....however...you may want to wait a month or two. There are supposedly some new phones on the horizon, or at least announcements....rumors...etc...

Perhaps an iPhone on VZW or the BB Torch, others....

At least wait until after BB World and CES in January (?) to find out what is coming.
    12-14-10 08:35 AM
    iPhone...maybe...Torch...never. Remember AT&T paid for a lot of the development of that phone. I believe it will be like the Storm series is to Verizon. You won't see it on any other carrier. All the commercials say that it was a joint effort of RIM and AT&T.

BlackBerry is a solid messaging device. The biggest con I have with Android is battery life. I was always charging or buying extended batteries.
    12-14-10 08:40 AM
    Hi Chaffe - hope to see in CB more often after you get your smartphone!
    As far as getting a bb is concerned, I'm sure you've heard how well it handles email. I have a Curve 8330(vzw). It is also great for sms/mms & blackberry Messanger (bbm). Phone functions as well are very clear. My daughter has a Storm 2-9550(vzw) and she primarily uses it for an mp3 player, bbm'ing like its her job,lol and texting for her friends that dont bbm or have a bb. She also FB's, but doesnt use the app. I primary use mine for ph calls, receiving email, sms/mms & just bbm'ing my daughter. Ive had my curve for a lil over 2yrs now and its very reliable for me(personal use). Keep in mind when you move to a smartphone platform that you will need a data plan. If its a bb you choose, then Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is what you would use for personal. If its for business, it would be Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES). I've looked at the android phones, an they just arent for me. They are very nice. All i can tell you about them is I think they are more of a media/browsing type of device, although, there are people that use them for business just like a bb. Hopefully you'll get more droid posters in here to give you more of an outlook on that type of phone.
    Good luck in your decision what ever you decide will work for you. Weigh out your pros/cons of a list with bb and android to help you decide what may be a good fit for you!
    12-14-10 09:06 AM
    Android is the clear winner if a great web experience is your goal, and it can even handle a fair amount of flash (has built in Flash 10.1 support).

In my experience, for similar usage, my Droid 2 gets about the same battery life my Tour did. Remember the similar usage thing though. My Droid 2 gets used a lot more for a lot more things, and as such, I need to charge more often than the Tour.

Android has a much larger selection of apps, better games (angry birds), and more free apps (although many of those have some ads) than BB.

Best advice is go to a Vzw corporate owned store and spend a fair amount of time playing with devices you're considering. Don't compare a top of the line BB to a "low end" Android device and vice versa, otherwise you don't get a fair comparison of either.
    12-14-10 09:55 AM
    as you can see there are so many different opinions, so if this is your 1rst smart phone you need to do a lot of research. Dont do like I did & go out & get a Palm Centro for your 1rst, I had no idea what I was doing.
    12-14-10 09:55 PM
    Everyone will tell you that if you want a phone for messaging, get a BB - otherwise get a Droid. The most important thing is that YOU like the phone, go to Verizon and play with them a lot. In my experience, my BlackBerry has better battery life with heavy use than my Fascinate did with very light use.
    12-14-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD