I will check back at 10:00 EDT if you have any more question.
    Hi again. When I first got the phone, I was getting rid of icons I don't need and was delighted to find out that "hide" didn't just dim the icon, it really hid it elsewhere. However, since messing up my phone it has gone back to just the dimming. Is there a fix???
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 09:00 AM
    They are still there. From the Home screen: Menu / Show All will display them in Gray.
    09-23-10 09:04 AM
    Reed, in case I wasn't clear...I WANT to hide and not just dim the icons.
    Also another problem is: in App Switcher screen, a file folder labeled "net_rim_bb_application-permission" shows up as an option. Why and how do I fix it???
    Karen

09-23-10 09:08 AM
    I misunderstood your question, but the answer should be the same, except you will de-select Show All.

I have not seen that before, there may be some differences in your software in the newer devices. What happens when you bring it forward?

Also, please check Options / About. What software version do you have installed?
    09-23-10 09:16 AM

I have not seen that before, there may be some differences in your software in the newer devices. What happens when you bring it forward?

Also, please check Options / About. What software version do you have installed?
    When I click on the file it locks up the phone for a few minutes

Version 5.0.0.732

Do u think I should wipe the phone completely and start over? Remember, we fixed it by upgrading the messed up version...

09-23-10 09:40 AM
    Thanks, I have not seen the new v6 OS software, but v5.xx is structured like all previous software, just improved.

Wiping and rebuilding is possible, but is not likely to change anything. When you ran Applicatons Loader, you got a fresh build while preserving the current settings.

If you do decide on a fresh build, make sure you have a fresh Backup of your data.
    09-23-10 09:47 AM
    Thanks, I have not seen the new v6 OS software, but v5.xx is structured like all previous software, just improved.

Wiping and rebuilding is possible, but is not likely to change anything. When you ran Applicatons Loader, you got a fresh build while preserving the current settings.

If you do decide on a fresh build, make sure you have a fresh Backup of your data.
    Ok. Not going to do that then if u don't think it will help much.
    I fixed the "hide" issue-u were right, it was the "show all" thingy. Simple fix.
    Now, what can I do about that file in app switcher? It apparently is just in the wrong place but how and where do I move it???

09-23-10 10:00 AM
    That one is a mystery to me. Select it from App Switcher, if it opens to a dialogue box, you should be able to Accept or Close it and it will go away.
    09-23-10 10:14 AM
    That one is a mystery to me. Select it from App Switcher, if it opens to a dialogue box, you should be able to Accept or Close it and it will go away.
    Can't select it...it freezes up the phone. I need to find it in a file directory, figure out where it is supposed to be, and move it

09-23-10 10:28 AM
    You may be right, a fresh new build should clear that up, but it will result in erasing all of your third party applications. You will have to re-install them.

The technique is simple, the last page in Applications Loader has an Options ... button. The default is to re-build, deselecting that will result in a factory new build.
    09-23-10 10:41 AM
    You may be right, a fresh new build should clear that up, but it will result in erasing all of your third party applications. You will have to re-install them.

The technique is simple, the last page in Applications Loader has an Options ... button. The default is to re-build, deselecting that will result in a factory new build.
    Okay. Thanks. I may try that....I'm going to stop for a while now though. Too much bb'ing will make one crazy.

09-23-10 11:32 AM
    I know the feeling... Just one more build and I will be happy.
    09-23-10 12:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD