Can I run non-BB phone on my Rogers BB data plan? I was thinking of grabbing a non-BB phone for evening use where I don't mind leaving it in a cab, dropping it ... or losing it in a roof top escape from killer robots. Just wondered if it was possible. Thanks!
    10-01-10 08:12 AM
    It will work np.
    10-01-10 08:18 AM
    I guess the next question is, if I got the non-BB phone from Rogers would they allow me to keep my BB data plan (+3 more years) or would they push for me to run two seperate data plans?

I got bored at work, so I took a walk down to a Rogers store. They were sure that I could not run a non-BlackBerry on a BlackBerry data plan, the only disclaimer was "well, not properly anyway." qucikly followed by "non-BlackBerry handsets need a smartphone data plan." To clarify things I asked, "So to run a BlackBerry and a non-BlackBerry on one contract you want me to pay for two data plans?" The answer was yes. O_o
    Last edited by Freakyweakywoo; 10-01-10 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Did some research
    10-01-10 08:56 AM
    If you upgrade your account through the provider, they'll probably try to make you take the more expensive data plan. But its a data plan, regardless of what phone you're using, so you should be able to access internet and email with any phone.
    10-02-10 12:25 PM
    I really wanna hear more about the killer-robot-rooftop-thing! Wondering if I should consider a throw-down phone for my own use! LOL.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-02-10 02:23 PM
    You could probably get phone service, but no data.
    10-03-10 03:27 PM
    i thought it was the whole rectangle square thing?

A smartphone data plan won't work on a BB, but a BB will?
    10-03-10 08:23 PM
    i thought it was the whole rectangle square thing?

A smartphone data plan won't work on a BB, but a BB will?
    I had a hazy memory that it was this way too. I remember Kevin saying it was that way in the roundrobin from a couple of years ago. He could use the other phones just fine, but they couldn't access all the BB features without a BlackBerry data plan.
    10-04-10 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD