Hey,
    I have the bb curve 3g since feb of this year on Virgin Mobile, It has not worked more then it has, service that is. So, after numerous arguments with people I could barely understand, I now have no provider, I was unable to use my phone for anything for more then 11 days and they would not credit the account. So, Now I either have a very expensive paper weight or I can use it on another provider. Does anyone know the answer to this? Can it be used on a another service provider, or am I just out all that money?

Mark
    05-08-11 08:52 AM
    If you're in the U.S. none of the major carriers will let you activate it on their network, because it's not branded by them and the ESN isn't in their database. I'm pretty you can activate it on MetroPCS, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 09:10 AM
    i think your best bet is to walk into a retail store and ask.
    i believe you can get service with you providing your own phone ( BlackBerry)
    you will need to get a data plan as well.
    i'm pretty sure you can use that to any GSM network. ( so no verizon nor Sprint).
    05-08-11 09:19 AM
    As MadGasser said, if you're in the US, you're SOL, and should just put the phone on Craigslist or something similar. Virgin Mobile is a CDMA carrier (doesn't use SIM cards) in the US. So your Curve 3G is a 9330, these can't be activated on any other network (Verizon and Sprint would be your choices), as was said, you might get Metro PCS to activate it though.

If you're on Virgin Mobile anywhere outside of the US then you have a 9300, which is a GSM version (uses SIM cards) of the Curve 3G. These can be unlocked and have any carriers SIM card be put in it and have it work.

So really, it depends on where you are and what you have.
    05-08-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD