You have the BlackBerry earphones? Should be able to just press on the large button that houses the mic (I'm talking about the button on the phones) and then start speaking and listening to whomever via the headset. That's what I do, it's very convenient.
    I have some basic ear buds, no mic, no controls. I obviously can't talk into it, but I would have thought I would hear through it. I guess the buds with the mic are different from basic ones?

I just tried the BB buds and the ring doesn't come through it, but it works as noted by others above. So I guess "Plain" buds can hear the call after answering, but you have to talk into the phone.
    Last edited by pvdiamon; 07-12-10 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Tested different buds
    07-12-10 08:36 PM
    3rd gen itouch for music, games, videos, podcast, and audiobooks. 8330 BB for calls, messaging, and social media. Combo can't be beat.
    07-12-10 11:11 PM
    i just love to play it on my bb bold 9700
    07-12-10 11:15 PM
    I've got a 8GB SD card and its loaded with tunes on my BB and I regularly use it as an mp3 player. For me there is no need to have another dedicated mp3 player - its just another device to maintain and charge
    07-13-10 03:15 AM
    The BlackBerry does the job for me. I don't like having to carry around or charge extra devices, and I don't like having to take out an earphone or fumble around to stop the music when I get a call. I also use A2DP stereo bluetooth headsets, and not all MP3 players are compatible with that.
    This! Very much =p
    07-13-10 03:44 AM
    I would love to use my BB Tour 9630 as an mp3 player but a few things have stopped me from doing so. First, each and every song would start with a fade-in, even when playing an entire album continuously. I tried BB's Media player and another player app and both did the same thing on my Tour.

Second, there simply aren't enough levels of volume to switch between. It would either be too loud or too soft when I want a level in between. Very annoying when listening on my commute on the train.

Third, I'm no fan of the Artist/Album/Genre method of navigating through my music. I like using folder structure to get to things. There's probably a way to generate playlists from a folder structure but I really can't bothered when some mp3 players show you folders as a built-in option.

My Tour eventually started glitching into thinking that there was always a set of earphones plugged in even when there weren't any. This made it difficult to answer phone calls without a full headset (earphones w/mic) attached all the time. So I got a replacement Tour and completely ditched it as an mp3 player.

I'm perfectly happy to play music on my little Sansa Clip+ which will accept a 16GB sd card along with 4GB internal memory. I can look at my music using folders and I have enough levels of volume to listen comfortably. Very basic interface but it works and the thing is so tiny & light that I don't care about having to lug it along with my BB Tour.

I like my Tour for everything else that it does but as a media player it hasn't won many points from me.
    07-13-10 09:45 AM
    Wow, you guys ever play with the EQ settings for the headphones. My curve works great as a mp3 player. Those in between volumes can be achieved by either selecting another EQ setting or turning the EQ off. For me it works but to each his own. I just love the fact that all this information, communication and entertainment is all in one little box. Gotta love the BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 08:52 PM
    I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 with 32gbs. I have loads of music on it and listen with earphones, but I would like to connect it to my car radio to use as an MP3 player. Can someone advise me as to what cable I need to connect it?
    07-24-14 08:43 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD